Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - LONGFORD -Mayo road N5

• 08-10-2007 5:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Wy do we have to put up with Longford when we drive to and from Dublin. There is a pathetic junction at the Longford Arms, the traffic flows through the town at 1kph (if you're lucky) and double parking is rampant with no traffic control. Longford should be bypassed. Needless to say no-one in the NRA will pay the slightest bit of attention to the Mayo road users. The Gardai are absent from Longford so traffic is chaotic Anyway the N5 shouldn't have to go through this mess. I would suggest we all email the NRA and berate our elected representatives (although they will do nothing as usual).

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've heard that the plan is to improve the road from the Longford bypass to Rooskey, and from there to Strokestown. Not sure how much truth there is in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deemac02

When you are about 1 km from longford town you'll see a stadium on your right! After you pass this, theres a left turn, its sign posted. You'll follow a narrow road for about 1.5 km and you'll arrive at McDonalds roundabout. No need to go through the town at all. I pass through Longford daily and never go near that Longford arms junction, and my way there's never traffic!!!

Advertisement