Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

celebrity weight losses and gains - opinions

• 08-10-2007 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I was reading an article the other day whilst waiting in the hairdressers about Beyounce how she had lost a load of weight for a movie, and is now fast piling it on, it stated that she gained 8lbs in a month and went from a size 8 to a size 12, now I fail to see how a person can go up two dress sizes with just 8lbs, and she looked like she had gained more than that. However, I have noticed that a lot of celebrities drop huge amounts of weight in a very short space of time for a film/music whatever, and then once the heat is off they gain back huge amounts of weight. Personally I think this 1) plain dangerous 2) plain dumb, if they adopted a consistent healthy eating plan they woulddn't go up and down like a yoyo 3) plain irresponsible - they are watched for their every move, dress and look and this yoyoing will make an impression on those that follow them. What does everyone else think? Also it is almost like this trend is advocated by the magazines as each week they talk about who has lost and gained, so it is another means of publicity for these celebs, but it seems to me that this is the only focus on these magazines so I don't bother buying them but even looking at the front covers they are all the same, who has lost weight and who has gained.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

I dont read them either, pretty much as i think they very negative. On the one hand, so and so lost loads of weight dont they look great. Wow look who has put on weight and now look at who is looking scrawnly thin, maybe they have an eating disorder. All the while it makes the whole yo-yo dieting and extreme weightloss appear glamorous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They will risk their health for the millions in potential earnings if they do- and it gets them in the papers for free. The media will exagerrated everything to sell papers. The real danger is being done to people who believe the gutter press & copy it thinking they can lose Xlb of fat by drinking maple syrup for a week or some other stuff they claim some celeb did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Just read last week that Jade Goody used Liposuction to get in shape for her latest fitness DVD. I rofl'd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's all a load of rubbish really. You can't really saw what these people do or don't do. For years Liz Hurley claimed to eat nothing but celery and some peas each day to keep her figure. All i want to know is how come she ain't dead? :rolleyes:

In the world of celebrity, it pays to be different, have some kind of secret and most of all get the word out there that no matter how bad you looked when that director/agent saw you , you can lose weight REAL quick.

It's just how money is made. Yoyo dieting and rapid weight loss or gain is stupid, plain and simple. Doesn't matter who you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

How do you know how much they weigh and how much they've gained? How do they know what dress sizes they are?

Anyway, someone like Beyonce normally wears custom made designer clothes, so they don't even have 'sizes'.

I hate those magazines, such and such is too fat, such and such is too skinny. All under the pretense they're 'worried' about them. Don't make me laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement