Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Target Sports Club

Options
  • 02-10-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Gosh, that's some kick in the proverbials..........

How much was membership. i heard around €350 per year.

Landowner going to open range in same place, sounds like he/she relaised this could be a money spinner and thought I'll kick out leasee and run it myself, good old human nature.......

Wouldn't be the first time!, exactly the same happened earlier this year in the Brittas Club South Co Dublin (Dublin Target Sports Club), land leased by and individual, club run on grounds, land owner learns the income potential, good bye, club members dillusions of grandure... rows in with land owner, result a lot of pissed of people.

Moral of the story, secure lease to ground before investing money, time and effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same old same old, distruction from within!

A certain colonial force that occupied Ireland had the idea tha they need not worry about the Irish getting together to defeat them, leave them to them selves and they will destroy each other from within!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Landowner going to open range in same place, sounds like he/she relaised this could be a money spinner and thought I'll kick out leasee and run it myself, good old human nature.......

Wouldn't be the first time!, exactly the same happened earlier this year in the Brittas Club South Co Dublin (Dublin Target Sports Club), land leased by and individual, club run on grounds, land owner learns the income potential, good bye, club members dillusions of grandure... rows in with land owner, result a lot of pissed of people.

Moral of the story, secure lease to ground before investing money, time and effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A certain colonial force that occupied Ireland had the idea tha they need not worry about the Irish getting together to defeat them, leave them to them selves and they will destroy each other from within!

Reply to BOBTHESHOOTER

From DTSC

Re MALLOW I cannot comment I have never been there.
    Re Dublin Target Sports Club, My name is Michael O'Connor, aka (sikamick) Secretary to Dublin Target Sports Club. I would like to state that the Farmer concerned had no part in the problems that occurred within the club and if greed is to be mentioned it was the two people I speak about below that were ripping the farmer and members off.

It was the greed and lies of these two individuals who claim to support and represent the shooting sports in Ireland that nearly broke up the club. Their action led to the club temporarily loosing its authorization from the Garda, thankfully the Garda seen who was telling lies and returned the authorization to the club members, who are not as quoted by BOBTHESHOOTER suffering from (club members dillusions of grandure) which he might learn to spell.

It should also be noted that the club is more stronger now than before and is totally dedicated to the promotion of the sport, and none of the members are making money from it, all work is voluntary.

The club has money in the bank now that was previously eaten up by these two greedy individuals.
    Remember BOBTHESHOOTER there is always two sides to the story and anyone that is interested in hearing the club side should contact the committee and they will be only to glad to provide the information.

Also BOBTHESHOOTER it is quite obvious that you are not unbiased in your statement and your quote re (Colonialism) shows that you are more interested in the bitterness of the past than in the sport. A certain colonial force that occupied Ireland had the idea tha they need not worry about the Irish getting together to defeat them, leave them to them selves and they will destroy each other from within!

I might add that you should spend more time learning your spelling than making statements that could be libellous; another suggestion would be, go, and play with your cousin BOBTHEBUILDER.

SIKAMICK
    Secretary to Dublin Target Sports Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Sikamick,
    is spelling that important ?
    what about grammar? "the club is more stronger now"
    The colonial force are still on the island but who cares when we can't even spell.

Dyslexic Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

Sikamick wrote:

I might add that you should spend more time learning your spelling than making statements that could be libellous; another suggestion would be, go, and play with your cousin BOBTHEBUILDER.

SIKAMICK

The reports I had heard does not support what SIKOMICK is saying, there were two people involved in ripping off the club!!! What I heard was the Club Secretary SIKOMick as he identifies himself was the one who made the complaint to the Gardai that actually resulted in the Club Authorisation being withdrawn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The reports I had heard does not support what SIKOMICK is saying, there were two people involved in ripping off the club!!! What I heard was the Club Secretary SIKOMick as he identifies himself was the one who made the complaint to the Gardai that actually resulted in the Club Authorisation being withdrawn!!!
    By my count, that's two libellous comments by Bob, who's remained anonymous, against named people versus refutations from Sicomick, who's identified himself, that name noone directly.

Bob, put up or shut up. Where's your proof and who are you that you'd know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Was that misspelling intentional Bob?

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    By my count, that's two libellous comments by Bob, who's remained anonymous, against named people versus refutations from Sicomick, who's identified himself, that name noone directly.

Bob, put up or shut up. Where's your proof and who are you that you'd know?

OK, here is the situation, I know what I know becasue I am a member of DTSC.

Does anyone think it wise that I say who I am, sufficient to say I was not happy with what happened, it happened as I said it did and there have been many lies told in the course of the last couple of months and a few more lies posted with Mick O'Connors response to my post, this is the end of it until next years AGM and Mr O'Connor will see what the members really think of his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm getting slightly confused. What have members of Dublin Target Sports Club
    got to do with the situation in Mallow ?

I am not being sarcastic or being smart am just wondering what
    the connection between one Club and another has got to do with the issues
    the mallow people are facing.

[EDIT: I think I mis-read the thread When I was reading the comments from the DTSC members
    I thought someone there was that cause of the problem with Mallow thats why I was
    getting confused. Did not realize they were talking bout a past issue with their own club]

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 223 Hornady

bullets wrote:
    I'm getting slightly confused. What have members of Dublin Target Sports Club
    got to do with the situation in Mallow ?

I am not being sarcastic or being smart am just wondering what
    the connection between one Club and another has got to do with the issues
    the mallow people are facing.

~B

I agree , maybe this subject about Dublin Target Sports Club needs a thread of its own .
    My friend was a member before the split / reorganisation of the club and he is very unhappy about the way that things happened , maybe other club members would like to see both sides of the story ? How about giving them a thread because it has nothing to do with the Mallow situation.

OK, here is the situation, I know what I know becasue I am a member of DTSC.

Does anyone think it wise that I say who I am, sufficient to say I was not happy with what happened, it happened as I said it did and there have been many lies told in the course of the last couple of months and a few more lies posted with Mick O'Connors response to my post, this is the end of it until next years AGM and Mr O'Connor will see what the members really think of his actions.

Reply to Bobtheshooter.

Our club DTSC is run with rules and a constitution, our committee meetings are open to all members not like some of the organisations that are run by an elitist group that are supposed to represent the shooting community, but actually look after their own interests from a financial basis.

If BOBTHESHOOTER is a member of DTSC please come along to the next committee meeting don’t wait till the AGM and say what you have to say, you will be more than welcome. This is the democratic way.

The DTSC has been in existence for approx two and a half years, I have been democratically elected to the position of Secretary since the club started by the members and if I have (WHICH HAVE NOT)done anything that would be questionable the members can remove me from this position or dismiss me from the club if they wish, the rules and constitution are there for this purpose.

The members are pissed off this is true, but it is with the two people that the members dismissed from the club at an open meeting which both were invited to attend but did not, one of which is under Garda investigation for using the club for other than normal target shooting.

I might add, please note Bob if you’re a member of DTSC then you will know that we have members that are Garda. You don’t have to be a super brain to put THE TWO THINGS together, the misuse of the range, the Garda investigation and removal of the club authorization, target shooting clubs are inherently public places and open to public view, even the Garda.

Again Bob I personally invite you to come to the next committee meeting, e-mail me and I will give you the date and location.

To the members of the Mallow Rifle Club, I hope you can sort your problem out with the landowner and get back to what we are all interested in (TARGET SHOOTING).

Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Michael O’Connor, Secretary to Dublin Target Sports Club
    Aka SIKAMICK.

Can I suggest to the moderators , that a new thread be set up for the issues relating to DTSC and move the posts in this thread to the new one , its not fair to the Mallow lads to hijack their thread . Obviously there are some issues that need to be sorted in DTSC and maybe the truth about what happened will come to light.

I can only sympathise with the Mallow club and hopefully something will be sorted out soon.

• Advertisement

I think that if the DTSC stuff has run it's course we can leave it in here 223, but if there are more posts on the topic, I'll split them out into a seperate thread later on.

Sikamick wrote:
    Reply to Bobtheshooter.
    Our club DTSC is run with rules and a constitution, our committee meetings are open to all members not like some of the organisations that are run by an elitist group that are supposed to represent the shooting community, but actually look after their own interests from a financial basis.
    The members are pissed off this is true, but it is with the two people that the members dismissed from the club at an open meeting which both were invited to attend but did not, one of which is under Garda investigation for using the club for other than normal target shooting.
    I might add, please note Bob if you’re a member of DTSC then you will know that we have members that are Garda. You don’t have to be a super brain to put THE TWO THINGS together, the misuse of the range, the Garda investigation and removal of the club authorization, target shooting clubs are inherently public places and open to public view, even the Garda.
    Michael O’Connor, Secretary to Dublin Target Sports Club
    Aka SIKAMICK.

Response to Michael O’Connor:
    Being a member of DTSC I would be aware of the background to the situation and would have to say that there is great selectivity with the truth written by Michael O’Connor:
    1) There was a Garda investigation, initiated by a complaint made by Michael O’Connor to the Gardai, (resulting in the range being closed down the day after the complaint was made) why did Michael O’Connor not answer this question when raised, and what’s more the investigation is complete, maybe he could enlighten us as to the outcome and why he is writing to say that one of the individuals dismissed from the club is still under investigation! Why was the range closed down Michael!
    2) Comments about ripping the members off and the greed of the two people he keeps referring to: when I joined the club I was aware that I was joining a commercially run club, I knew where my money was going and I was not ripped off. I have no choice now but to stay a member of DTSC as I would lose my pistol license. I preferred the operation as it was !
    3) The reference to the Garda members of the club, really does them no favours, putting the “TWO THINGS” together could mean anything, do we get special treatment or the inside track from the Garda Members, what a thing to put on a public board! I think the Justice department and the Gardai have access to the internet and would be aware of the gossip on the boards, our Garda members are sure to be unhappy with being commented on in the context of the discussion.
    So a few answers Michael, maybe this thread should be split off, this now has nothing to do with Mallow and everything to do with telling the truth.

Bob, you're making specific complaints about specific people without either identifying yourself or providing proof that others can see. And your points can't be answered without causing yet more hassle.

With point 1, if there's a current investigation going on, your question can't be answered legally in public. If there was an investigation in the past, there's a serious chance that answering your question could lead to libel cases. So noone who was well-advised would either ask or answer such a question. If there was a conviction, that's public domain and can be pointed out, but if it's only an investigation, then you could be accused of inneundo under Irish libel law and there goes your house. And that applies both to you for asking the question as well as to any unfortunate who might answer that question.

With point 2, there is more than one pistol club in Wicklow. DTSC is a short drive from Hilltop, RRPC and East Coast, just for starters. So that point's daft to begin with, but it is an attempt to slander what you're calling a company's good name. Assuming they are a company, as you're saying.

As to point 3, you're accusing identifiable members of an Gardai Siochana of corruption in public. Think that's wise?

So less with the approaches to libel and more with the provable, public domain facts please Bob.

Response to Michael O’Connor:
    Being a member of DTSC I would be aware of the background to the situation and would have to say that there is great selectivity with the truth written by Michael O’Connor:
    1) There was a Garda investigation, initiated by a complaint made by Michael O’Connor to the Gardai, (resulting in the range being closed down the day after the complaint was made) why did Michael O’Connor not answer this question when raised, and what’s more the investigation is complete, maybe he could enlighten us as to the outcome and why he is writing to say that one of the individuals dismissed from the club is still under investigation! Why was the range closed down Michael!
    2) Comments about ripping the members off and the greed of the two people he keeps referring to: when I joined the club I was aware that I was joining a commercially run club, I knew where my money was going and I was not ripped off. I have no choice now but to stay a member of DTSC as I would lose my pistol license. I preferred the operation as it was !
    3) The reference to the Garda members of the club, really does them no favours, putting the “TWO THINGS” together could mean anything, do we get special treatment or the inside track from the Garda Members, what a thing to put on a public board! I think the Justice department and the Gardai have access to the internet and would be aware of the gossip on the boards, our Garda members are sure to be unhappy with being commented on in the context of the discussion.
    So a few answers Michael, maybe this thread should be split off, this now has nothing to do with Mallow and everything to do with telling the truth.

Reply to BOBTHESHOOTER

Again Bob in a public forum I invite you to attend our next Committee meeting to state your grievances, as you know Bob the club rules allow you as a member to request an EGM so please do so. All the information regarding the situation that happened is on file in the club records, you are welcome as is any of the club members to view them.

Michael O’Connor
    Aka Sikamick maybe I should change this to Sickofbob.

Sparks wrote:
    Bob, you're making specific complaints about specific people without either identifying yourself or providing proof that others can see. And your points can't be answered without causing yet more hassle.

With point 1, if there's a current investigation going on, your question can't be answered legally in public. If there was an investigation in the past, there's a serious chance that answering your question could lead to libel cases. So noone who was well-advised would either ask or answer such a question. If there was a conviction, that's public domain and can be pointed out, but if it's only an investigation, then you could be accused of inneundo under Irish libel law and there goes your house. And that applies both to you for asking the question as well as to any unfortunate who might answer that question.

With point 2, there is more than one pistol club in Wicklow. DTSC is a short drive from Hilltop, RRPC and East Coast, just for starters. So that point's daft to begin with, but it is an attempt to slander what you're calling a company's good name. Assuming they are a company, as you're saying.

As to point 3, you're accusing identifiable members of an Gardai Siochana of corruption in public. Think that's wise?

So less with the approaches to libel and more with the provable, public domain facts please Bob.

Hi Sparks, seems like you are Michael O'Connors legal advisor.

From your post you have turned the tables on myself and are saying that I have made these accusations on the boards, I did not, Michael O'Connor indicated that there was an current investigation, I am aware that this has been completed for some time, so why does he say it is current!

The point I made about the payement of fees to to commercial operation and not a club for explanation is that I paid fees to DTSC when it was run my the individual that Michael claims was dismissed, I knew I paid the moneys to the range manager and the point I made is that it was a well known commercial operation at that time the DTSC club grounds, please do not infer what is not the meaning.

And finally I made no comments about Garda Members of DTSC, look at Mr O'Connors post, I asked him to explain his comment and was making the point that one needs to be cautious.

Maybe you should look at the context of the posts before becoming the legal advisor, you will note that Michael has wisely kicked to touch.

Perhaps you might go back to his post and make the same comments about the Gardai as I have exactly the same concerns, he identified them as members of DTSC, he inferred what ever you would like to take from it and I do believe it was dangerous to go there, I did not...

In any case I will take this all to the AGM next year!

You've misread - if you'd read my posts properly you'd have said it sounded like I was your advisor. In any case, I'm not - my "side" in all of this is that of the boards.ie forum, which is where the mods have to be when stuff this close to libel cases starts flying about.
    From your post you have turned the tables on myself and are saying that I have made these accusations on the boards
    If that's what you believe, I suggest you either reread the law on libel or have a solicitor explain it to you!
    The point I made about the payement of fees to to commercial operation and not a club for explanation is that I paid fees to DTSC when it was run my the individual that Michael claims was dismissed, I knew I paid the moneys to the range manager and the point I made is that it was a well known commercial operation at that time the DTSC club grounds, please do not infer what is not the meaning.
    So you say you paid person A whom you understood to be the range manager - but whom the club secretary contends is not! - and that he was running the range as a for-profit, commercial company; but you see no problem in saying that you were then left without choice as to where you could go to shoot, which implies that you were either misinformed by person A or that person A requested that the other clubs bar you from membership or that person A forced you to a contract prohibiting such membership, all of which would be grounds for a libel suit by person A against you because what you're saying is an attack on the good name of his company. Now if you had proof that you couldn't shoot elsewhere because of person A or his company, you'd be fine - but if you did, I don't understand why you'd start your post defending them!
    And finally I made no comments about Garda Members of DTSC
    Must I quote you your own post???
    Bob wrote:
    3) The reference to the Garda members of the club, really does them no favours, putting the “TWO THINGS” together could mean anything, do we get special treatment or the inside track from the Garda Members
    In that post you confirm there are members of the Gardai in DTSC and then you allege through inneundo that they're corrupt - do you really think that that's wise?
    I'm curious as to why you would wait if it's so serious? You've been invited to a regular committee meeting; it's also been stated you have the option of an EGM. So why wait?

Sparks wrote:
    So you say you paid person A whom you understood to be the range manager - but whom the club secretary contends is not! - and that he was running the range as a for-profit, commercial company; ?

Interesting to see that you have clearly had direct contact with the Club Secretary as I see no posts that have stated this!

So ends the discussion!

Interesting to see that you have clearly had direct contact with the Club Secretary as I see no posts that have stated this!
    Actually, I just read your post:
    I paid fees to DTSC when it was run my the individual that Michael claims was dismissed, I knew I paid the moneys to the range manager
    In other words, you paid the fees to person A, believing that person A ran the range, but sicomick disagrees with the notion that person A ran the range (which is a whole other can of worms).
    So ends the discussion!
    I can't help but notice a pattern with your posts Bob...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Sparks wrote:
    In other words, you paid the fees to person A, believing that person A ran the range, but sicomick disagrees with the notion that person A ran the range (which is a whole other can of worms)..

Hey, this "sicomick" thing seems to be catching:D :D:D

doh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Stalker01

To Bob The Shooter you need to stop hiding behind the internet and back your mouth up with what your saying. Its been a while since I have been up in DTSC but I do recall when I was there Mr Michael O Connor (sikamick) was the friendly face and always willing to help people.

So why not go the EGM and stop bitching.

I will also be applying to join DTSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 le_Chacal

Stalker01 wrote:
    To Bob The Shooter you need to stop hiding behind the internet and back your mouth up with what your saying. Its been a while since I have been up in DTSC but I do recall when I was there Mr Michael O Connor (sikamick) was the friendly face and always willing to help people.

So why not go the EGM and stop bitching.

I will also be applying to join DTSC.

stalker --- seems like bob the shooter is all wind and no kite, maybe he knows he is (up the pole looking for his flag)

I notice the other mouth 223horndy is gone missing he's probley doing a bit of re

dtsc member

le_Chacal wrote:
    stalker --- seems like bob the shooter is all wind and no kite, maybe he knows he is (up the pole looking for his flag)

I notice the other mouth 223horndy is gone missing he's probley doing a bit of re

dtsc member
    Hold on there pal, I only asked that the thread be split away from the Mallow thread , I am not a member of DTSC and couldnt care less about it , I just felt that it was unfair to hijack a thread about the legitimate concerns of the members of Mallow to rattle on about a club in Dublin. I dont know who you are and honestly dont give a s*** but before you start to drag me into this I would advise you strongly to get your facts straight .

From your post you have turned the tables on myself and are saying that I have made these accusations on the boards, I did not, Michael O'Connor indicated that there was an current investigation, I am aware that this has been completed for some time, so why does he say it is current!

And finally I made no comments about Garda Members of DTSC, look at Mr O'Connors post, I asked him to explain his comment and was making the point that one needs to be cautious.

Maybe you should look at the context of the posts before becoming the legal advisor, you will note that Michael has wisely kicked to touch.

Perhaps you might go back to his post and make the same comments about the Gardai as I have exactly the same concerns, he identified them as members of DTSC, he inferred what ever you would like to take from it and I do believe it was dangerous to go there, I did not...

Reply to BOBTHESHOOTER

Extract for you reply to Sparks/ Maybe you should look at the context of the posts before becoming the legal advisor, you will note that Michael has wisely kicked to touch.

I'm still here (please don't be nice to me calling me Michael, I prefer when you call me Sickomick) it shows the level of you intelligence.

Did you not see my last reply to you, please come to the next committee meeting and I will back you for an EGM to be called and you can have your say at that.

Did you not see my invitation to you to come to the next committee meeting or are you ignoring me.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to DublinTarget Sports Club.
    Aka SIKAMICK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Stalker01

Hi Sikamick,
    I am going to private mail you my address could you please forward me on an applaction form for the DTSC to become a member.

Looking forawrd to hear from you,

Staker01

Stalker o1 Do you have a stutter, you sent your message to me three times.

No Problem with an e-mail, but why don't you call up to the Range on Thursday, we open on Thursday from 1pm to 4pm and Saturday 10am to 4pm.
    We are also Authorized for rifles, I will explain when you call up.

I will have Membership Applications with me or one of the committee members will have them.

Keep the Faith and your powder dry.

Michael O'Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 le_Chacal

Hold on there pal, I only asked that the thread be split away from the Mallow thread , I am not a member of DTSC and couldnt care less about it , I just felt that it was unfair to hijack a thread about the legitimate concerns of the members of Mallow to rattle on about a club in Dublin. I dont know who you are and honestly dont give a s*** but before you start to drag me into this I would advise you strongly to get your facts straight .

;)
    I agree , maybe this subject about Dublin Target Sports Club needs a thread of its own .
    My friend was a member before the split / reorganisation of the club and he is very unhappy about the way that things happened , maybe other club members would like to see both sides of the story ? How about giving them a thread because it has nothing to do with the Mallow situation.

Pal I had a dog called pal. look above see your friend, nothing to do with you.

le_Chacal wrote:
    ;)

Pal I had a dog called pal. look above see your friend, nothing to do with you.

Thats right , nothing to do with me , read it again ,

and
    Can I suggest to the moderators , that a new thread be set up for the issues relating to DTSC and move the posts in this thread to the new one , its not fair to the Mallow lads to hijack their thread .

And yes I do have friends in many clubs around the country , including Mallow. I dont know who you think I am, Pal , but I bet you are wrong , oh , and by the way, 223 ammo is cheap enough that I dont need to reload as you inferred .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Chairman

Reply to bob the shooter reference. Dublin target sports club.

I am the chairman of the above club and also a senior range safety officer /instructor. My name is Mick Doyle.

I do not agree with your criticism of Dublin Target Sports Club or its members. The club is run in a safe, unbiased fair and democratic manner by the members and not by one individual. Our membership stands at 92 paid up members. So MR. Bob the shooter and I use the term Mister loosely, does this sound like an unhappy club or one of the fastest growing clubs in Ireland and I may add that all our members know the full story of the dispute that arose within the club several months ago. I would also like to invite you along to our next committee meeting or are you going to remain a faceless individual hiding behind your computer screen and as you claim to be a member of DTSC then you will know me. We have a sixteen man committee neither I or any of them have had any complaints about the secretary.The club paperwork and accounts are available to all members and if you are a member you will know the number of members and our very healthy accounts.

Also reply to .223 Hornady.

By putting your reply in we now know who both of you are and how did the competition down in hilltop over the weekend go lads. Awaiting both your replies but I won’t hold my breath.

Michael Doyle
    Chairman
    Dublin Target Sports Club

• Advertisement

Alright lads (and it's 223 and our new Frederick that I'm looking at), calm down. The thread's close enough to the wind as it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement