Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat room

Options
  • 08-10-2007 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

I'd like to be able to add a chat room function to my internal helpdesk support web-site, is there a professional looking system (no ads etc) that I can use do this, and could it be run on a stand alone box (using Microsoft XP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

you want to add a chat room ... as in something simlar to boards ... ?

or do you mean ... a popup chat style window .... that allows you to talk to customers ... ?

You also say internal helpdesk system ... what are you using at the moment as there may be some form of plugin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

I'm not sure whether you need live chat or not...

We use ChatStat.com for providing live chat to customers, but this and similar solutions work off their servers and would not work on an intranet-only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

CoNfOuNd wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether you need live chat or not...

We use ChatStat.com for providing live chat to customers, but this and similar solutions work off their servers and would not work on an intranet-only.

I was actually in the process of looking for something like that. It's a really nice piece of software.

nice one for the link :)

Advertisement