Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New handsets for Xmas?

• 08-10-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

My contract is nearly up with meteor and I've pretty much decided to change to 3. Does anyone know if there are any new handsets being introduced for xmas? Thinking of getting the E65 but also tempted to wait if there are any newer handsets on the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Three called me today to try to get me to upgrade. I said that I am not interested in any of their handsets. They said they may have new ones next month and they would contact me again.

It may be nothing but it could be worth waiting a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd be wary of Three. I am cancelling and they sent me a letter offering me an upgrade 5 months early. Which is suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

its not especially suspect. They're just trying to get you to stay with them. I you take the upgrade now instead of 5 months time they have you for another year. Its a good business decision on their part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

JayV wrote:
    My contract is nearly up with meteor and I've pretty much decided to change to 3. Does anyone know if there are any new handsets being introduced for xmas? Thinking of getting the E65 but also tempted to wait if there are any newer handsets on the way.

Hmm well looking at things I'd speculate that the n95 will be on its way to three at some stage, also the k800i is getting a bit long in the tooth so i'd speculate there will the introduction of either the k810i, the k850i or the t650 from sonyericsson. Nothing else would be glaringly obvious at this stage to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

neilled wrote:
    Hmm well looking at things I'd speculate that the n95 will be on its way to three at some stage, also the k800i is getting a bit long in the tooth so i'd speculate there will the introduction of either the k810i, the k850i or the t650 from sonyericsson. Nothing else would be glaringly obvious at this stage to me anyway.
    do u realy want an n95? so over priced and half is features... well they arent up to scratch... the ones that come with phone i mean! not the downloadable ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

Thanks for the posts.

Not really interested in the n95 - a bit too expensive. A newer sony ericsson might be nice but I'd really like a phone with wifi. What I'd like is a cross between the E65 and N73. My wish list is: 3g, wifi, stereo bluetooth, decent media player with radio, and a decent camera - am I asking for too much?? maybe I should give up on the wifi.

Having read all the posts on Three I still think that they seem like a better option than staying with Meteor. I know there are all sorts of problems with their 3G, but its gonna be a while before Metoer go live with 3g and then they are going to have all the same teething problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

JayV wrote:
    Thanks for the posts.

Not really interested in the n95 - a bit too expensive. A newer sony ericsson might be nice but I'd really like a phone with wifi. What I'd like is a cross between the E65 and N73. My wish list is: 3g, wifi, stereo bluetooth, decent media player with radio, and a decent camera - am I asking for too much?? maybe I should give up on the wifi.

Having read all the posts on Three I still think that they seem like a better option than staying with Meteor. I know there are all sorts of problems with their 3G, but its gonna be a while before Metoer go live with 3g and then they are going to have all the same teething problems.

Only thing is that anything with all those features is going to be as expensive as the N95!!:D
    I'm in the same bot though Jay - been due an upgrade for 2 months now hanging on to see if there are any new decent phones and all they come up with is the E65 - and the camera lets it down only 2mp - I'm gonna wait a few more weeks in case there's an announcement about the iPhone - unless they come up with something good in the meantime....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

muboop1 wrote:
    do u realy want an n95? so over priced and half is features... well they arent up to scratch... the ones that come with phone i mean! not the downloadable ones...

Personally I wouldn't touch one. I have a (fingers crossed) a sonyericsson p990i on the way to me at the moment.

I guess then perhaps the forthcoming sonyericsson w960i would be good for you 8 gigs onboard memory, wifi, symbian uiq, dedicated walkman interface, probably the best there is on mobiles. See here for a review

http://mobilementalism.com/2007/06/24/video-review-of-sony-ericsson-w960i-walkman-phone/

but i've no idea as to when it would be released on any irish network if at all and also on pricing. I'd say n95ish prices initially till they take a tumble. Heck its predecessor is still going for €250 new!

I'd say the sim free price will be fairly high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

anyone got an updates on phones coming to 3 since?

stalling on getting the E65 myself.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

The only thing that interests me about the N95 is the 5mp camera, otherwise its way too overpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

im looking for a new phone..i cant see the sony ericsson w850i anywhere...not carphone warehouse,vodafone or 3

Advertisement