Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Reccomendations??

Options
  • 08-10-2007 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

I am currently with Chorus and looking to switch. Their service has been horrible for well over a year. I lost service numerous times and when I call all they tell me is: "There is a fault in Kilkenny and its being looked into." They are not worth the €40.00 a month anymore and when they credit me for the service loss they only off like €2.00. I have had it with them and am looking to switch.

Can anybody reccomend a BT service?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT have unbundled Kilkenny

While it may not yet be ADSL2+ which allows them to offer their 8mbits service there is a certain logic to choosing them at this point as they will have ADSL2+ there sometime ( I dare not say soon :( so you read this and ring them and tell US ) .

Nobody else has unbundled Kilkenny, eg Smart and Magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Nobody else has unbundled Kilkenny, eg Smart and Magnet.

That is, because the MAN in Kilkenny only has a BT fiberdrop, not ESB. You can buy fiber of Magnet and e-net there, but it'll cost vastly more than on other MANs, where the ESB supplies the backhaul.

/Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nothing to do with that Marlow. Kilkenny is on a railway line !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Nothing to do with that Marlow. Kilkenny is on a railway line !

Yes, and that's exactly where BT has their fibers, thus BT has a fiberdrop into the Kilkenny MAN.

/Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement