Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D4s style

• 08-10-2007 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

im trying to change my look, im trying to go a bit d4ish and then also my own style,what d4 clothes can i wear all the time and wher can i get them??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Why not just go fully with your own style? For your own sake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

why would you want to look d4 if you dont even know what they look like? plus its impossible to be d4 and have a personal style its like saying you want a slice of bread while having it in liquid form.
    go to topshop buy plain jumpers, go to BT2 and buy plain/boring (yet expensive) clothes and add "natural" highlights

Are you a boy or a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

please do not feed the troll!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sparkle21

Are you a boy or a girl?
    im a girl,i do know what they look like,exept i dont want to go TOOOOOO d4 extreme only a lil bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wearing sunglasses on top of your head on a cloudy day is a good start.:)

Sparkle21 wrote:
    im a girl,i do know what they look like,exept i dont want to go TOOOOOO d4 extreme only a lil bit!
    OK.Dubes are the basis of the d4 outfit.So buy a pair of (pink ones!:D )
    Buy Abercrombie,Ralph Lauren,Armani,American Eagle,basically any youth orientated brand that comes from Australia or the US.
    Have the hair all tossed around the place,that just goit of bed messy look even you know they spent hours getting it that way.
    Oh and of course you have to have the large hangover glasses.

Just noticed that you live in Blackrock.I don't think you will have any problem figuring out the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Have the hair all tossed around the place,that just goit of bed messy look even you know they spent hours getting it that way.

Kinda have to laugh at that - I really don't get why they obviously spend a lot of time doing their hair like that when it just looks a mess !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Don't forget the obligatory Lucozade-esque tan to act as a backlight for the Hilfiger polo shirt with up-turned collar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

giggles wrote:
    Kinda have to laugh at that - I really don't get why they obviously spend a lot of time doing their hair like that when it just looks a mess !
    to make it look like they didnt try?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fake tan, eyeliner, mascara, pale lipstick or concealer on lips. Long Abercrombie tops, skinny jeans, Ugg boots. Volumised hair that's been straightened.
    Don't listen to other people, if you want to look like that, go for it. It's a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Pythia wrote:
    Don't listen to other people, if you want to look like that, go for it. It's a good look!

>_<

Apart from the fake tan, uggs and must have branded top, yeah, it can look ok, only on some girls though, some girls just look sad sporting the look though. But you should aim to choose a style that is just you and not just copying others who are copying others. There's plenty of choices for girls with regards clothes, choose something that suits you and you're comfortable with. What's going to happen when the "D4 look" changes? Will you be stuck in the current look or desperately trying to keep up with the look? If you have your own look you can just stick to that and change it when YOU want.

Guys, she asked for info on a particular look and how to get it, not your opinions on it. It's just like the Uggs and Dubes threads. Lay off.

one question, what are dubes? keep seeing them mentioned??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Dubarry sailing shoes, to be worn while on a boat.

Over priced trash.

Pythia wrote:
    Guys, she asked for info on a particular look and how to get it, not your opinions on it. It's just like the Uggs and Dubes threads. Lay off.

It's all part of the look though, I'm sure she'd like to hear opinions on the look too, and it's pretty inevitable she'll get opinions on boards :p

3197%2520.jpg
    Playgirl, that's what dubes are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Now i know why the "D4's" look like they try too hard....

cormie wrote:
    3197%2520.jpg
    Playgirl, that's what dubes are.
    i liked it better when i didnt know :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why do those girls have hair that looks like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards? It looks AWFUL.

They obviously spend ages putting on all that makeup and doing their hair, and then they go out in O'Neills tracksuit bottoms with Dubes or Uggs, and a horrible oul v-neck top.

Gross look imo. And everyone looks at these people and thinks 'd*ckhead.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24126.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24122.jpg
    VIPIrelandPicture-Ref24121.jpg
    90086701.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

D4 it's not a look, it's an attitude. :cool:

Why on earth would you WANT to go for a D4 "look" it isn't even D4 it's D4 taken off cali/bay area idiots they see.

Wear what looks/feels good on you and suits your figure etc.

You want to wear clothes that makes you stand out as the second most hated people in the country only second to "shiney tracksuit/nike air max wearing hand bag robbing car stealing scumbag skangers"

WHY?!?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i see the proles are getting flustered by the d4 image again :rolleyes:

viva affluence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

viva affluence

People who take Ross O'Carroll Kelly books literally need to die a horrible death. Get out of the gene pool plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

why would you want to look d4 if you dont even know what they look like?

Hallowe'en is approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

eth0_ wrote:
    People who take Ross O'Carroll Kelly books literally need to die a horrible death. Get out of the gene pool plz.

Yeah but you try explaining the concept of irony to them? It's like reading Nietzsche to a dog.

biko wrote:
    90086701.jpg
    That isn't the d4 look!:p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That isn't the d4 look!:p
    It's the OC look, which is the same thing.

A guy in work, a former Michael's boy, recorded audio of his 3 year old daughter exclaiming "Affluence! Affluence!" over and over again. Good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

call into ucd (esp the arts block) and have a gander around
    should pick up some tips there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

biko wrote: »
    90086701.jpg

whats this spot the good looking one - eh i mean kinda decent one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Pythia wrote: »
    Fake tan, eyeliner, mascara, pale lipstick or concealer on lips. Long Abercrombie tops, skinny jeans, Ugg boots. Volumised hair that's been straightened.

LOL - its a good look, unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sparkle21

well i do wear mascara and eyeliner almost all the time,but i cant wear skinny jeans,cause my mum would flip if i did,(im curvacious),abercrombie that would be really hard for me to get at, since i have no credit card and my mum wont buy it for me even when i offer her my OWN money.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

empirix wrote: »
    LOL - its a good look, unbelievable!

each to their own, style is style, if it wasnt a good look, it wouldnt be so popular.

Sparkle21 wrote: »
    well i do wear mascara and eyeliner almost all the time,but i cant wear skinny jeans,cause my mum would flip if i did,(im curvacious),abercrombie that would be really hard for me to get at, since i have no credit card and my mum wont buy it for me even when i offer her my OWN money.....
    Why don't you fly to America and get some Abercrombie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

just look up all the posts on stuff people think looks obnoctious. Go to the 'i think im in the higher echelons of society' range of BT - thats where its at i think.

Uggs, dubes, oniels tracksuits. Green and white rugby jearseys with the popped collar... If your a girl, grow your hair long and give it a bad hairdye. Then the trick is to straighten it in a mannor that makes your hair fluffy, then comb it over from the far ear and get that whole 80's quiff going.. try make it look as casual as possible, otherwise its obvious your trying to hard.

cake on the foundation and mascara. From what i gather girls seem to carry the foundation over their lips too, so lipstick isnt an essential, the more it looks like you have no lips the better.

p.s. The association of 'd4' and 'style' is prostitution of the english language.

good luck in your venture, i for one would like to see how this turns out - we are all routing for you

Sparkle21 wrote: »

Get a 3v card. See here www.3v.ie. It's a credit card but it's kinda like call credit in that you buy it in advance.
    Have a look at the website.

Otherwise, look at the website, then try to buy similar stuff in Irish shops.

Go for the fake tan, practice makes perfect with it.

Pythia wrote: »
    Go for the fake tan, practice makes perfect with it.

Noooo :p

Sun = perfect tan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Some pieces your wardrobe should contain:
    Skinny jeans
    Pumps
    Ugg boots
    Longish Vest tops
    Dubes
    Polos
    Long sleeve white/grey t's [for layering with short sleeve t's]
    Cantos
    Wooden braclets/necklaces

Any Hollister, A&F, Juicy, Ralph lauren, brand clothing like that!

Hope this helps =]

Edit: Obv this is for a girl tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Question to the girls: Why do you want to look like these guys? cosoompa.jpg

Who would want to fashion themselves around oompa loompas. Bizarre really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The "D4 look"... Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

Dudess wrote: »
    The "D4 look"... Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Pitiful.

how is it pitiful?:confused:

This thread is four months old, but anyway: I think it's pitiful to want to know how to "get" a look - and a particularly bad one at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

aliqueenb wrote: »
    how is it pitiful?:confused:

Because where is the logic between wearing a hoodie three sizes too big for you, fat woolly ugg boots and a denim skirt that barely covers your arse? If you're cold wear trousers FFS.

And orange faces aren't attractive. Neither are streaks and brown lumps between your fingers.

If you're going to spend hours doing your hair then why leave it messy when you finish?

Dubes with cotton bottom? Ha. Fashion disaster.

Put all the D4 heads in a line and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between any of them.

That's how it's pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweet Jaysus, why on earth would someone want to look like a bloody Oompa Lumpa ??

big hoodies...cos they are warm and comfortable, but yeah it is getting kind of old now, with all the small crappy shops selling fake a&f and hollister and all...

you're stereotyping!...but for some of my own stereotyping here, i always thought it was more the skobes who were orange like...

messy hair...cos it looks good!...better than dead straight i think no?

"Dubes with cotton bottom? Ha. Fashion disaster"...oh i like that, brown dubes and cantos no?...i wear them with jeans and uniform more though.

"Put all the D4 heads in a line and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between any of them"....probably not lol but sometimes i think atleast they are better than emo kids who are as rich as them yey complain about how much their lives suck all the time...more stereotyping from me here ha

aliqueenb wrote: »
    probably not lol but sometimes i think atleast they are better than emo kids who are as rich as them yey complain about how much their lives suck all the time...more stereotyping from me here ha

Why are they better? Both groups conform to a stereotype, each as ridiculous as the other. One and the same really, although at least emo kids are quiet. Nothing worse than 4 or 5 D4 girls in a group cackling away about how they weren't allowed into Kiely's last Friday.

i see the proles are getting flustered by the d4 image again :rolleyes:

viva affluence
    I've a horrible feeling you're actually being serious. If you think people moan about the "D4 look" simply because they're unhappy about not being rich, then seriously wake up. How come I find that "look" laughable and I'm from a well-off family? It's actually more to do with the fact that it's an awful "look".
    As for your use of the term "proles" - what a snob.
    each to their own, style is style, if it wasnt a good look, it wouldnt be so popular.
    Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe was extremely popular - that doesn't, for one millisecond, mean it was good.

Dudess wrote: »
    Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe was extremely popular - that doesn't, for one millisecond, mean it was good.

Ah now hold on there a second

KTRIC wrote: »
    Sweet Jaysus, why on earth would someone want to look like a bloody Oompa Lumpa ??

obviously they don't want to look like oopma lumpas:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement