Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatscreen TV above Radiator. Bad?

• 08-10-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Quick question. My 40 inch flatscreen Samsung is mounted on the wall directly above the radiator. It's about 24 inches away from the radiator. I haven't turned the rad on this year yet but i now want to. The question is, will the heat from the radiator affect the TV or be bad for it? Will it mess up my new TV??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Your TV manual should have a bit in it's tech spec appendix that tells you the operating temperature range.. I'd suggest you have a look at that, then stick your rad on with a thermometer stuck to the bottom of the TV, and see what kind of temperature you are getting.

I would imagine it will not help your TV one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellowhill

spockety wrote:
    Your TV manual should have a bit in it's tech spec appendix that tells you the operating temperature range.. I'd suggest you have a look at that, then stick your rad on with a thermometer stuck to the bottom of the TV, and see what kind of temperature you are getting.

I would imagine it will not help your TV one bit.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try. Bit scared by your last line though.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

Putting a shelf over the rad will sort out the problem of rising heat. Most rads now are designed to heat the air around them as opposed to just letting all the heat rise. (97% convection heat 3 % rising heat).

Also have you thought of a rad cover? They are fairly cheap and will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellowhill

thanks, I didn't think of that. it makes a lot of sense.

To the radiator cover shop!....or Argos at least..:D

Advertisement