Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk estate agents

Options
  • 08-10-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, I'm helping an elderly relative sell a house in Dundalk. I dont know the area so its hard to suss out the best estate agent. I've talked to a few agents and Sherry Carroll and Gunne seemed the best from initial (brief) consultations. Does anyone have any points of view on dundalk estate agents. I've no house selling experience either so would be very grateful for any input, cheers
    (this is also in louth section but I wasnt sure it was getting enough exposure there so sorry for duplication)
    Also do you think using the offers in excess method works in the current market? some agents suggested starting low and trying to work up interest from there.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

mir2001 wrote:
    (this is also in louth section but I wasnt sure it was getting enough exposure there so sorry for duplication).
    Also do you think using the offers in excess method works in the current market? some agents suggested starting low and trying to work up interest from there.

I did my best :'(

Personally, I would pass no remarks of the 'offers in excess'. You could instruct your agent not to bother you with offers under the asking price though, they would pass this information on to the bidder in turn.

Not many houses are shifting in the area currently. Best of luck all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mir2001

I suspect we'll all get over my duplicity...
    thanks for your input - I'm currently thinking of picking either Sherry Carroll or Gunne.

Advertisement