Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The more i think about it -- ( food for thought)

• 08-10-2007 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I was not going to say anything at first, but then a casual F1 fan said it to me and i reckon i should come in here to see what others make of it.

First --- " Lewis is the most exciting thing to happen to Formula One in years", Bernie. ---- " it is not my year this year, the championship is over for me", Alonso.
    " i am full sure i will win the championship ", Lewis.
    then you have Lewis acting like a really bad actor yesterday and the silly reason he left the race.

Now bear in mind what was said above --- DOES ANYONE IN HERE THINK THE RACE WAS FIXED YESTERDAY ?
    For a load of reasons, here are three - a) people will watch the last race ---- b) A great end to a great season. --- c) sponsors

I would like to think that the race result was not fixed, but nowadays you never know. Money and TV control sports now. Bernie most likely said to Lewis, Alonso and Kimi, ' if Lewis is leading the first X amounts of laps in this race and it looks like he is going to win, he will be champion not in this race, but the next race, he will crash out today'

Come up with great reasons to counter this claim -- if you say an engine change i will say " it will change on the Q T'

If it was not staged and Hamilton crashes out of the next race i want Kimi to win the title, by the way.

JUST SOMETHING TO PONDER , HMMMMM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

A bit far-fetched but not that far-tetched I guess! I mean if it weren't for Lewis' accident the championship would be dead with zero interest...

However if this sort of crap was going on it would come out sooner or later and the sport would be wiped out overnight.

I can't see the drivers - Alonso in particular - being so reliable at following instructions and keeping their mouths shut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Why would Lewis ever agree? All it would take is a bit of bad luck in the next race for him to lose the championship and be left with nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

pburns wrote:

I can't see the drivers - Alonso in particular - being so reliable at following instructions and keeping their mouths shut!

Bernie is a very very very ve.................ry powerful man. Like i said if Lewis needs an engine change in the next race Bernie could be looking after it. We think Bertie Ahern is bad. Charles J Haughty would not even be fit enough to tie Bernie's shoe laces. I am full sure that if Bernie met the bin man ( talking in code incase this is flagged, you never know) he could get him shaking hands with the guy in the casa blanca ( that is spanish for ____ ) and they would stop throwing dirt at each other after THE BERNIE TALK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Complete and utter bollox tbh. The fall out of doing something like that and it being found out would be catastrophic.

And who is supposed to be behind this? McClaren? Why would they risk something like that and the possibility of neither of their men winning the championship?

Sponsors? They'd be told where to go if they even suggested it and I can't see why they would even risk suggesting it let alone risk the damage that would be caused due to the fall out if found out.

Surely this thread belongs here?

BaZmO* wrote:

Surely this thread belongs here?

Jesus, i did not even know there was such a place in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I thought it was a fix the minute I heard Lewis talking after the race, but on reflection it would involve too many people i.e not be able to keep it quiet. But like most sports now you can't completely rule it out......:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

When I saw this I new someone would link the conspiracy thread.
    The more evidence that comes out concerning conspiracies the more believable they are. 911 for example.

The more I think about it this is'nt as far fetched as it seems. The McLarens have been so reliable this year that they would'nt have to worry about a mechanical fault. Even if there was on, Alonso and Kimi could then stage a crash with each other.

With regards the drivers and people working in F1 cooperating, well first of all not too many people would need to know and second of all they would all be happy to do as it means a bigger pay day for everybody. More exciting Championship=more world wide attention= bigger sponsorship and tv revenue.
    Kimi and Alonso don't seem the most scrupilous of guys.

Having said all that, I seriously doubt it, but if it were true I would'nt even raise an eyebrow.
    Also have to agree with the op on Kimi. I would love for him to win the champ this year. If Ferrari had been more consistent he would have won it.
    He does have 5 wins to 4 for Alonso/Lewis.
    Kimi will win it quite comfortably next year I think. I'am putting a big bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Absolute nonsense, never heard such rubbish in my whole life. Hamilton didn't try to come in earlier, so if it was fixed then Hamilton and McLaren would have had to be in on it, so would McLaren with Raikkonen still in the picture and having already lost the constructors championship risk losing the drivers championship too, just to add excitement to the last race.....No chance, Ron Dennis would prefer to have both championships won by week 9.

Would McLaren purposely allow Hamilton out with dangerous tyres so he would crash out ? Of course not, he was lucky he only crashed on the entrance to the pitlane and not while approaching a corner at nearly 200mph earlier in the lap, when such a crash could have seriously injured/killed Hamilton.

Did those running F1 plan for Hamilton to drop out so that he couldn't win the championship till the final race in Brazil ? Well if they wanted to do this, they could have relegated Hamilton to the back of the grid following the complaint by Webber, but as usual they let him off.

I don't know where the idea that Bernie or the FIA want to stop Hamilton from winning, they've given him every chance this year, his team got punished for the Ferrari manuals debacle but Hamilton & Alonso aren't punished, Hamilton obstructs Alonso in qualifying and when Alonso does the same he gets a 5 place grid penalty, the marshals pulled Hamilton out of the gravel trap and allowed him back into the European grand prix and the Webber complaint a few days ago was also dismissed by the stewards. So that's 4 chances that Hamilton has been on the right side of official decisions this season, he was even probably surprised when the marshals in China didn't lift/push his car out of the gravel as he was waving at them to do.

I think the FIA and the powers that be in Formula One have gone out of their way to ensure that Hamilton does win, hell if they helped him any more, they'd be sitting on his lap steering the car ! You'd wonder if Adrian Sutil or any of the other drivers had been in the same situation, whether they would have found that the team was to blame(Ferrari manuals), teammate was to blame(qualifying shennanigans), Vettel was to blame for crash involving Webber and the stewards acted correctly in lifting just one(his) of four cars from the gravel trap and allowing the driver back into the race. I very much doubt it, so if there is any conspiracy, then it seems to be favouring Hamilton.

A McLaren spokesman admitted after the race in China that in hindsight, they should have brought Hamilton in sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

There is about as much chance of that happening as Schumacher being an alien from outer space.

Seriously, you might as well say that.

Not one of those drivers would agree with that set up no matter what and more importnatly no way would all three be able to take it to the grave with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Is it really that hard to believe that a rookie screwed up in the heat of the moment?

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I blame Vince McMahon for all this...

Robbo wrote:
    I blame Vince McMahon for all this...

Very good. Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Although it you wanted to crash out, the pit lane is the place. No point having to walk back 2 miles or take a lift on a scooter.

Advertisement