Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what shower pump should i get?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Living in a small enough 2 bed house. The water pressure is lousy. How Water Cyl is locates on ground level beside bathroom. Wondering what pump i should get for a decent shower?

I have seen thos small red ones a few times over the years, they pump hot&cold, they seem to work very well. and seem easy enough to install compared with wiring up a Triton type unit.

Any idea on how much these types of water pumps cost?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get an i90 or whatever the new one is called. Very good. On the second one now (bathroom was done up, so got a new one).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You can get a Triton for under €300, a pump shower which doesn't heat the water will cost from €400 and you've then to buy the pump separately. The cheaper pumps aren't much use so you'll need to fork out for a decent one.
    The Triton saves on water heating costs too as it only heats what you're using, and including installation costs it'll probably come in under €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Triton showers are great but you do lose out on water pressure. To increase the heat they have to reduce the power as it heats the cold water.

I installed two high pressure showers in the house last year. After looking at the options and talking to a few plumbers. I went for a 1.0 bar Monsoon pump. I hooked the large hot water tank to this and made sure I had a big cold water tank (actually installed two). The pump was just connected to the showers, ensuring a high pressure shower whenever I need it.

Two main disadvantages;
    • I need to have a tank of hot waters to have a shower.
    • It can be quite easy to go through all the hot water (2-3 showers), even with the big tanks.

Advertisement