Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Spar and Centra

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anybody else sick of having a limited choice when it comes to shopping locally. The prices these shops charge for necessities and groceries is ridiculous. Am I the only one that feels this way. Thinking of opening my own chain of cheap reliable convenience stores with friendly service!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

good luck with that...
    im assuming your comparing these high prices to that of the large supermarkets who have economies of scale buying power etc.

if you do manage it then il be shopping there for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

beanok77 wrote:
    Anybody else sick of having a limited choice when it comes to shopping locally. The prices these shops charge for necessities and groceries is ridiculous. Am I the only one that feels this way. Thinking of opening my own chain of cheap reliable convenience stores with friendly service!

If you think that a product/service that competes solely on price will be successful, think again.

Spar/Centra can pool their advertising and marketing effort, substantially reducing the cost. How an individual trader can expect to mimic this "convenience for the masses" marketing is questionable.

You'd be better off identifying a niche that will give you a low-risk competitive advantage that your competitors would find difficult to mimic. Price isn't everything.

Advertisement