Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Fine for car traded in.

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I have got a fine for a car i traded in a month before the speeding offence took place. I signed the log book when i traded old car in but did not get anything back off the gargage. I have asked them do they have anything that could prove i sold it to them but they are saying that they sold it to another garage and dont have any documentation.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

do you not have a reciept or a record of the trade in of the car if not then ask the garage you traded it into to give you a recipt, you may have to go to court to prove it wasnt you in the car though? i'm not sure

others here should be able to help more

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the garage should have filled out an RF105 form, it's a green A4 sheet eith your details, the garage's deatails, and the date of transfer.

Bring the fine to the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

This happened to me and is easily sorted. Although the garage promptly returned the VLC to Shannon, the Garda system seemed to be behind and still had my name as the registered owner.

I had to contact the VRU in Shanno and ask them to post me a letter to say the car was not in my name from the date that was entered on the VLC/RF105 and post it to the Fixed Charge Processing Office in Town.

Easily sorted, although it was a pain to organise.

Hope this helps.

the VLC will only be sent to Shannon when a new owner (not the garage) buys the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

I meant RF105.

• Advertisement

That's presuming the garage bothered to do an RF105. A lot don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I sold my car 3 weeks ago and last week got a parking fine dated the day after I sold it. Rang shannon and was told a letter was on the way to say I didnt own the car at the time of the offence.. Only pain in the arse bit is having to go to the fines place.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

colm_mcm wrote:
    That's presuming the garage bothered to do an RF105. A lot don't.

Rang Shannon and the local car tax office and the car is still in my name?

Dont know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

If they only sold it to another garage a couple of weeks ago surely they'd remember. It sounds like they're just trying to fob you off. Do you have any proof at all that you traded in the car? Like the receipt for your new car or anything? If you have anything at all, it's going to stand up well against "I sold the car on to another garage but have no documentation, your Honour."

Edit: Re-read your post, the fine was dated the day after you traded it in?!? Ah here, they're taking the p1ss there - how could they not remember the garage they sold the car to, given that they were able to shift it the very next day!

Advertisement