Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary work

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anybody know how I get involved in doing some voluntary work around Limerick. I have a few nights free and thought it would be a good idea to give a couple of hour's to a good cause....even if im useless.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Doing what exactly...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Vodka&coke

Doing what exactly...

I surpose helping the elderly, doing youth work, helping homless etc. Not that interested in doing work with animals really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Theres a tonne of youth clubs throughout Limerick that need leaders... google Limerick youth service

Plenty of the voluntary organisations around town also take volunteers. Check golden pages...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Vodka&coke wrote:
    I surpose helping the elderly, doing youth work, helping homless etc. Not that interested in doing work with animals really.

Limerick Youth Service - 061 412444 or lys@limerickyouthservice.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Working with under 18s is going to require a youth warrant, or a firm undertaking to get one. I imagine a training weekend at an inconvenient time also (I know, I had one 3 weeks ago).

You'll also be required to undergo Garda vetting and for your own sake, if you do work with kids, never be in a room without another adult!!

It's worth it though as you can make a difference to the kids.

On the other hand, I imagine "Action Aid Elderly" or something along those lines would be delighted of someone willing to go help an elderly person with getting out of the house. You could even ask some elderly neighbours if they want a hand...

To be commended though. There aren't enough people doing voluntary work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement