Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does he do this

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

He gives the answer further in on that thread, on page 2 or three I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

He claims its just dodge and burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It probably is just dodge and burn, but on different layers, with different blends.

Smacks of HDR tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I spent all day sunday with P/shop cs3, the gimp, jasco paint shop 9 and corel 3. Using variations of dodge and burn desat etc and couldnt get any where near this effect. I will persist more out of fustration than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Am I on the right track here, Just messing around with photoshop at lunch. Any tips advise would be great.

Try the Tone Mapping software from Photomatix, much less painful to use than all the PS stuff. The original shot looks to me like it's been tone mapped despite what he says in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 leakd

He didn’t tone-map it, but dogded and burned it with Photoshop. With the dodging and burning, he tried to bring out details in the shadows and lights, respectively, which is basically what tone-mapping is. If you tone-mapped this RAW file with the right settings, I’m sure you would get very similar results (of course all the other PP work like desaturisation and adding contrast would still have to be done).

Advertisement