Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost of insurance on different sized cars for first time driver

Options
  • 08-10-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I'm getting my first car.
    I haven't driven before.
    I would like a rough idea of how much insurance would cost typically, and how much it would vary between cars of similar values but different engine sizes please.
    I'm 28 and male. I would be looking to spend less than 5k on a car probably around year 00.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

You can get online quotes from insurance companies without committing to anything. Try www.quoteme.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Use the Quinn direct 1 it will save all yer policies in yer profile.
    At 28 though i dont think that there would be a great difference between teh mondeo and the fiesta. going over 1.6 would though.

have you thought about diesel? if you get a 1.9 non turbo it will probably be the same insurance as a 1L. at least it was for me at 24 a year ago.
    I tthink a diesel is better for learing anyway! you wont stall it a as easy. learning to drive in a 1.6 mondeo yer gonna stall it a lot.
    althought the tax on a 1.9 is 500~530 and the 1.6 350, 1L 140.

Thanks for the replies

The quinn direct form won't submit for the mondeo, and it doesn't give an indication of what input it doesn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Quinn and probably other insurers won't qoute on anything over 1.4 for a first timer. that's why the won't quote you on the Mondeo.

• Advertisement

when I closed it and reopened it it went through.
    It did give me a quote, and less than 100 euro more than the fiesta surprisingly

Advertisement