Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding present for mother help!!

Options
  • 08-10-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi guys.

My best friends (guy) mum is getting married next week and asked me what he should get her.. I havent got a clue and said id post here. The couple have been living together ages have all the housey stuff and both have very well paid jobs so arnt short of a few quid.

Money? although i dont know how much to suggest cuz a) they have lots of it and B) seeing as he's her son would money be appropiate or would a give be better? He will be bringing gf along also just the reception part. so something from the two of them really!

Any ideas appreciated only a week left to get something!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I would definitely think that money is not a good idea. Its not a great present at the best of times but to give your mam money on her wedding day would be awful!

Something sentimental to remember the occasion would be best. I got a frien a John Rocha crystal clock engraved with the date of her wedding and her and her husband's names and she really liked that, so maybe something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely not money-too impersonal and they don't need it. I would agree with litup,something sentimental would be best. Newbridge do a nice wedding album, maybe an original painting or something expensive for their garden (water feature or the likes).
    Instead of an actual item you could surprise them on the day with a very fancy or classic car to ferry them to the church/reg office. I have also seen a site for an cartoonist who comes to the wedding and does a caricature of the happy couple.

Advertisement