Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fur Coat

• 08-10-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of any stores in Ireland that buy fur coats!

My mother has inherited one and is adament that she will never use it. She's too wary to try selling it on-line so I'm looking for stores in Ireland that may buy and then pass on to another consumer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

There is Barnardo's on Grafton St (it's an actual shop and not affiliated with the charity). They sell furs though I don't know if they would buy your's and resell it. But they might be able to help out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I was just about to post why would anyone wear a fur coat and all that malark! But fair play to the mother for wanting to sell it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

Ok, I'm going to piss everyone off but sorry, I have two fur coats, both are vintage, one is rabbit and the other is sable, now before anyone starts posting about animal cruelty etc, tell me first of all if you wear leather? The decade that my coats were made, the rabbit meat would also have been eaten, so what is the difference in me wearing vintage rabbir coat or me wearing a leather one? All vegetarians and vegans, OK, I understand, you probably want to kill me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This reminds me of Americas next top model last week when one of the models didnt get the concept of being 'anti fur' cos she thought that all the animals used fpr fur died naturally fighting each other in the jungle....was quite funny :)

Just burn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

I will refuse to burn it!

As proved by dior1catboy, there are still people that wear these coats! Personally, I probably wouldn't wear one but somebody is perfectly entitled to wear one if they so chose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ok, I'm going to piss everyone off but sorry, I have two fur coats, both are vintage, one is rabbit and the other is sable, now before anyone starts posting about animal cruelty etc, tell me first of all if you wear leather? The decade that my coats were made, the rabbit meat would also have been eaten, so what is the difference in me wearing vintage rabbir coat or me wearing a leather one? All vegetarians and vegans, OK, I understand, you probably want to kill me!

Actually rabbit fur these days comes from animals that are not bred for meat. So they're absolutely being killed for an unecessary reason.

Did you know there are six fur farms in Ireland who use inhumane methods of killing the mink, rabbits, foxes etc they keep in tiny cages until they're ready to be turned into pelts for clothing?

IMO fur coats look trashy, fake or real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Harlequin. If you walk through the George's Street Arcade from the George's St side, when you come out thwe other side, Harlequin is in front of you on the right. Fabulous vintage shop with a great selection of furs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

eth0_ wrote:
    Actually rabbit fur these days comes from animals that are not bred for meat. So they're absolutely being killed for an unecessary reason.

Did you know there are six fur farms in Ireland who use inhumane methods of killing the mink, rabbits, foxes etc they keep in tiny cages until they're ready to be turned into pelts for clothing?

IMO fur coats look trashy, fake or real.

I can't say they look trashy. On the right woman they look amazing. Having said that though I wouldn't own a fur coat or every buy my better half one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

eth0_ wrote:

I completely agree, thats why I pointed out that both coats were vintage, when they were being made, the meat was being eaten? So why can't the coats be worn now? I don't agree with animals being killed solely for their fur, but if they're being killed for meat, why not get some use out of the skin too? Yes, all of it is cruel and if it was a perfect world, we wouldn't even be eating meat.

Advertisement