Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup draw

Options
  • 08-10-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

At 11am tomorrow, the pots are as follows (includes teams position in national league, and how many teams in said league):

POT 1

1. villareal (spain) 3rd/20
    2. bayern munich (germany) 1st/18
    3. az alkmaar (holland) 12th/18
    4. panathinaikos (greece) 4th/16
    5. fc basel (switz) 1st/10
    6. bordeaux (france) 4th/20
    7. bayer leverkusen (germany) 8th/18
    8. Anderlecht (belgium) 6th/18

POT 2

9. Tottenham (england) 17th/20
    10. lokomotiv moscow (russia) 6th/16
    11. zenit st petersburg (russia) 1st/16
    12. sparta prague (czech) 4th/16
    13. aek athens (greece) 1st/16
    14. hamburg (germany) 4th/18
    15. bolton (england) 19th/20
    16. austria vienna (austria) 1st/10

POT 3

17. spartak moscow (russia) 2nd/16
    18. sporting braga (portugal) 7th/16
    19. galatasaray (turkey) 1st/18
    20. getafe (spain) 19th/20
    21. athletico madrid (spain) 6th/20
    22. everton (england) 10th/20
    23. fiorentina (italy) 4th/20
    24. stade rennais (france) 5th/20

POT 4

25. hapoel tel aviv (israel) 10th/12
    26. red star belgrade (serbia) 4th/12
    27. fc copenhagen (denmark) 1st/12
    28. toulouse (france) 10th/20
    29. dinamo zagreb (croatia) 1st/12
    30. panionios (greece) 6th/16
    31. nuremburg (germany) 17th/18
    32. Mlada Boleslav (czech) 7th/16

POT 5

33. aris thessaloniki (greece) 8th/16
    34. aberdeen (scotland) 8th/12
    35. fc zurich (switz) 2nd/10
    36. ae larissa (greece) 9th/16
    37. aab aalborg (denmark) 4th/12
    38. brann bergen (norway) 1st/14
    39. elfsborg (sweden) 5th/14
    40. Helsingborg (sweden) 9th/14

Potential dates for fixtures are here including domestic games likely to be moved. My guesstimate is that we'll play the first four matchdays and have a rest on matchday 5.

To advances I'd settle for something like:

Basel/Panathinaikos
    Braga/Fiorentina
    Mlada Boleslav
    Aberdeen

For the experience (stadium, city, beer and women):

Bayern (away)
    Athletico Madrid (home)
    Hapoel Tel Aviv (home)
    Random Scandi team (away)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

az alkmaar (holland)
    Tottenham (england)
    galatasaray (turkey)
    nuremburg (germany)
    aberdeen (scotland)

some fun if we got that draw....haha

come on u spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I think there are bigger dangers lurking in pots 3 and 4 this year. Would not fancy Galastaray or A Madrid. Still 2 from 5 to go through.

If we only had a keeper!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

3 advance Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

would actually like to get munich or Atletico and see some decent european games at the lane.

Anderlecht - Brussels (capacity 21600 for Uefa games - 1080 tckts)
    Getafe - Madrid (capacity 16,300 - 815 tckts)
    Tel Aviv - Yid Army!!!! Jaffa (capacity 15473 - 775 tckts approx)
    Aalborg - Northern Denmark (Capacity 16000 - 800 tckts)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Group G
    Anderlecht
    Tottenham
    Getafe
    Hapoel Tel-Aviv
    Aalborg

Gotta be happy with that draw. Brings back memories of 1984 uefa cup final v anderlecht. COYS

Very happy with that draw, no trips to hoolie central (Belgrade was the main one I wanted to avoid).

Now for the fixtures.

Getafe and Aalborg away please, Israel a cnut to get to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

When do you think we will see the home and away dates?

Any minute now, they said available within 30mins.

The stats look good for us!

Played Points Position
    Anderlecht 9 16 6th
    Tottenham 9 7 17th in the Best league in Europe
    Getafe 7 2 2nd bottom!
    Hapoel Tel-Aviv 5 2 10th out of 12
    Aalborg 12 23 3rd of 12 in dutch league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We will open our UEFA Cup Group Stage campaign with a home fixture against Getafe on Thursday October 25.

This will be followed by a trip to Tel Aviv to take on Hapoel on Thursday November 8 before Match day three brings the visit of Aalborg to the Lane on Thursday November 29.

Our participation in the Group Stage concludes when we travel to Belgium for the encounter with Anderlecht on either Wednesday December 5 or Thursday December 6.

Confirmed:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/uefacupgroupupdate.html

Getafe day 1 @ home
    Tel Aviv day 2 @ away
    Aalborg day 3 @ home
    Anderlecht day 4 @ away
    We will open our UEFA Cup Group Stage campaign with a home fixture against Getafe on Thursday October 25.

This will be followed by a trip to Tel Aviv to take on Hapoel on Thursday November 8 before Match day three brings the visit of Aalborg to the Lane on Thursday November 29.

Our participation in the Group Stage concludes when we travel to Belgium for the encounter with Anderlecht on either Wednesday December 5 or Thursday December 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

What is the deciding factor in chosing Dec 5th or 6th for the last group game ?? Anyone know when will this be finalised ??

What is the deciding factor in chosing Dec 5th or 6th for the last group game ?? Anyone know when will this be finalised ??

Not sure Shane, they made a reference to the draw being done to split sides for that matchday and matchday 5 between the Weds and Thurs but didn't go into it.

Ackney looking at doing a coach to Brussels...other option is Eurostar with Stevo? We could fly, but that's boring...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

not sure, but will no doubt push out citeh home to the sunday !!

Confirmed:
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/uefacupgroupupdate.html
    Getafe day 1 @ home
    Tel Aviv day 2 @ away
    Aalborg day 3 @ home
    Anderlecht day 4 @ away

I know I shouldn't complain (but I will;) ). It would have been nice to start off with Tel Aviv or Aalborg, as we still need a bit of time to get our $h!t together domestically. Also Anderlecht at home would have been good on the 4th day. But at least we didn't get the two strongest teams away, so all in all it is good. I would fancy us to get out of the group, but to be honest, we should being wining it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

We'll win that group easy. No of those teams will beat us.....as long as we cut out the kamakazee defending!;)

UEFA saying we play Anderlecht on the Thursday.

Anderlecht - Brussels (capacity 21600 for Uefa games - 1080 tckts)
    Getafe - Madrid (capacity 16,300 - 815 tckts)
    Tel Aviv - Yid Army!!!! Jaffa (capacity 15473 - 775 tckts approx)
    Aalborg - Northern Denmark (Capacity 16000 - 800 tckts)

Not many opportunities there Ronan - you'll have to wait for play-offs!! Tel Aviv tickets only being sold with a package. :D

Sorry it is 3 of course to qualify.

• Advertisement

Excellent week off between Portsmouth and Arse - but of course now we will have a Carling Cup game if we get over Blackpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

Thosands of fans will travel to Anderlecht...its so close to london and with the channel tunnel and the eurostar, it will be so handy..and plus the history we hav with them, alot of old school tottenham will travel for the memories ..im thinkin of travelling over for the piss up and the sing along..you would never get a ticket but who cares..80euro return with aer lingus.

galinka wrote:
    Not many opportunities there Ronan - you'll have to wait for play-offs!! Tel Aviv tickets only being sold with a package. :D

Platinum member Andrew, I'm supposed to get a ticket for every game we play...that is when they don't decide to pull stunts like that. I'm in discussions with Paul Barber and the Trust, €350 spunked on return flights through Prague already...going either way, 3 days in Tel Aviv.
    Thosands of fans will travel to Anderlecht...its so close to london and with the channel tunnel and the eurostar, it will be so handy..and plus the history we hav with them, alot of old school tottenham will travel for the memories ..im thinkin of travelling over for the piss up and the sing along..you would never get a ticket but who cares..80euro return with aer lingus.

I'm out Wednesday evening back on Friday afternoon. Might get a bit lairy on the Thursday, we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Good draw for us really :)

I went to Anderlecht in 84, quite an eventful trip .... Ireckon alot of pople will travel over and take in the delights of the bars around the grand place or head up towards the posh part of Brussels around Avenue Louise and several more Irish bars that open from early morning to early morning :D

I will try and get over for a couple of the games if i can ... wife/work permitting ... We should finish top of the group if all goes to plan

Club have rowed back slightly on Tel Aviv restrictions, Platinum members who've already booked flights will be issued with tickets only on production of flight and hotel booking confirmations AND passport details.

They've made it quite clear that this will apply for Tel Aviv only and that we shouldn't book anything for future Euro games until the club confirm ticketing details.

Advertisement