Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert timetable 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Too late now, the department have read my post and will be acting upon my words any moment now.
    And on that note, I think it'd be really great if you could bring your english texts in with you. *wink!*

Yeah, that would be a pretty good addition I must say, but the same should happen with pros in Irish and stuff as well, oh and being allowed to bring in the Bible, Qu'ran, etc (for whatever religion you are going to choose).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Irish isn't TOO bad, 'cause they give you the poems. Prós wouldn't go astray though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nc0987

The new timetable is great!! so much more relaxing! fair play minister for ed!! apart from chemistry...why....oh.....why.....
    plenty of 1/2 days though!
    any1 know when German and history are on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

The official link is up now
    Practical / Oral Exams: http://examinations.ie/exam/Pract_LC_08_EV.pdf
    Exam Timetable: http://examinations.ie/exam/Written_LC_EV_%202008.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

:Dim finished thursday the 12th..only a week and a day:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Jakkass wrote: »
    The official link is up now
    Practical / Oral Exams: http://examinations.ie/exam/Pract_LC_08_EV.pdf
    Exam Timetable: http://examinations.ie/exam/Written_LC_EV_%202008.pdf

I'm quite happy with that.
    I'm finished reasonably early (Monday 16th) with Physics and only 3 days where I have 2 exams/papers which are Friday 6th (Maths and Geography), Monday 9th (Maths and Irish), Tuesday 10th (Irish and Business)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I only have one full day!! that's with french and history! And I have the first Friday off...

Not too bad.. though I have a sneaking suspicion the Irish Maths Olympiiad (this is making the bold assumption I compete) is the week of the art practicals...

Monday the 9th will be a long day, with Irish finishing at 5.10, though it'll be my only day of having two exams. So hurray for timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Not too bad.. though I have a sneaking suspicion the Irish Maths Olympiiad (this is making the bold assumption I compete) is the week of the art practicals...

Monday the 9th will be a long day, with Irish finishing at 5.10, though it'll be my only day of having two exams. So hurray for timetable!

Cough cough and that was the same person who complained about the proposed changes last year.:D

• Advertisement

I was complaining about exams on a Saturday. Do you see any saturday exams there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Both Music exams in the afternoon?! Thats ruined a perfect timetable, especially since the composing is now before the listening.

I was complaining about exams on a Saturday. Do you see any saturday exams there?

No I dont but I remember quite frankly that you saw no problem with having English paper 1 and 2 on the same day. It doesnt matter if you didnt mention Saturday or not.

And I may alert you to the fact that I haven't been celebrating the splitting of the English papers. Having only one day with two exams is nice alright, but were English paper 1 and 2 both on the wednesday, I wouldn't be too bothered either.

Also, the saturday (and May) element to the previous exam proposals were the main thing putting me off, so yes, it does matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Minor aside: Cramming is usually pointless for the IrMO though anyway, so it's unlikely to take away from your time studying art or whatever. Those that do well at the IrMO are those that generally spend an hour or two most weeks on problems from internet/*******d books. By the week or two before the exam you've done more or less all you can. Of course, everyone learns things in their own way, and I'm not trying to say that the above is always the case, it's just a personal observation from the past two years and talking with people who made the team.

Out of curiosity, where are you doing the lectures? apparently UCD has gone downhill now that Dr.Dukes is gone, I'm told Maynooth have a much better programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

english paper 2 on the same day as chemistry?.. not good

rjt wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where are you doing the lectures? apparently UCD has gone downhill now that Dr.Dukes is gone, I'm told Maynooth have a much better programme.
    UCD. They were never all that organised to begin with, in comparison to Maynooth. (For example, Maynooth apparently put on special advanced classes after the regular *******d lectures...) But UCD is considerably closer, so I just go there. The guy taking over for Dukes seems to be a little confused by the whole thing (for example, not knowing where the arts building is), but so long as he can talk maths it should be alright. I have to admit I don't have high hopes for getting onto the team, but as it's my final year, I'd like to give it a decent try. (Also my parents have been throwing maths books at me.)

It's good that you have an ambition anyway PurpleFistMixer, I could never get my head around maths :)

And I may alert you to the fact that I haven't been celebrating the splitting of the English papers. Having only one day with two exams is nice alright, but were English paper 1 and 2 both on the wednesday, I wouldn't be too bothered either.

Also, the saturday (and May) element to the previous exam proposals were the main thing putting me off, so yes, it does matter.

Your not getting me. It doesnt matter.:)

I'm getting what you're writing. Perhaps you're not writing what you're meaning. ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Worked out pretty good for me. Only have two full days on the first Monday and Tuesday. Have to wait until the last day for Applied Maths though, but I knew that would be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

works nicely, only the 9th is my full day, but I have a week with only two exams (physics & engineering) which gives me decent study time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carrig2007

When is the full timetable out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

carrig2007 wrote: »

It's been on the department website the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

carrig2007 wrote: »

if you had of flicked through the pages here you would have found it,

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/Written_LC_EV_%202008.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ok so I'm finished on friday the 13th (hmm hope that doesn't work against me)

A lot of my friends wont be finished till the 20th due to doing engineering, looks like its gonna be ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I'm finished on the 11th, nice one!
    I'm not all too happy about having English and Home Ec on the same day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Last is exam is Economics on the 18th which is also my 18th bday-perfect timing or what:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Six straight days of exams, looks like I'll be finished on the 11th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

finished on the 19th with music. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement