Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Houses Knocked near the Train station.

Options
  • 08-10-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Was passing the end of Hyde road Saturday and noticed
    there was a row of houses missing. I always wondered was their
    people living in them as I never saw any signs of life apart from the last
    house on the row that always had Cats outside it leading to me to believe
    there was a little old lady living there that fed them all each day.

Anyone know whats going in instead of the houses that were knocked ?
    Is it new houses?

Heres a pic of where I mean peoples park is on the left. Train station top right.
    house.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

There are more apartments going up there afaik. Girlfriend lives right behind them in Bourke avenue, thats what they were told were going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Too bad they didn't knock that blue building that has been boarded up for who knows how long.

1huge1 wrote:
    Too bad they didn't knock that blue building that has been boarded up for who knows how long.

What was the point of that building?

They built it a few years ago, nothing has ever gone in there. With windows that size it was always going to be a target for the little scumbags who hang around and live up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

In the paper recently, they were saying they just knocked the buildings because they were abandoned and that they don't know what is going to replace them yet.

And as for the "blue building"...it shoud just be knocked! nobody is going to buy it! it's been like 8 years now. It's a White elephant if ever there was one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I cannot blame any business for not wanting to go into the blue building. I see the off licence across the way from it is up for sale..again. Gets robbed too often and cannot keep staff. Then when it was shut, people were whinging about the lack of amenities like it in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There's plans to knock all the 3 storey council houses in that area, too dangerous if there's a fire apparently. Not sure that they'll build there instead, I imagine it'll be the usual charmless buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think that blue ugly building at the corner of Carey's Road & Hyde Road was ever occupied. It is a total eye sore and it begs belief how planning permission was every sought for that monstrosity. An unmarket brown envelope perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

must agree that blue building is without a doubt the ugliest building in limerick. it was never occupied it never will be, it should be knocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Its a nice enough building i think, just poor plannig seeing as there is nowhere to park near it?! Has anyone else noticed that the plot where the buildings were knocked last week now has a healthy enough looking plantation of grass.... its as if they've been gone a year or more

Its a nice enough building i think, just poor plannig seeing as there is nowhere to park near it?! Has anyone else noticed that the plot where the buildings were knocked last week now has a healthy enough looking plantation of grass.... its as if they've been gone a year or more

Seen that yesterday, couldnt believe there was grass there already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

A far as I heard that blue buildling was built as a tax write off my one of Limericks bigger property owners

Advertisement