Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Oct 7] Leinster Standard Pistol Championships

• 25-09-2007 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭

Leinster Standard Pistol Championships

To be held at the Indoor Range: Rathdrum Rifle and Pistol Club,

Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow.

Sunday 7th October 2007

Championship: 60 shots at 25 metres To be shot using .22lr calibre semi-automatic target pistol with five shot magazine or .22lr calibre revolver with five shot capacity (larger magazine or revolver capacities must be loaded with five shots only before each series).

Entry Fee: €15

Prizes for 1st to 3rd in Championship

Course of fire:
    • 5 sighters in 150 secs,
    • 4 series of 5 shots in 150 seconds each,
    • 4 series of 5 shots in 20 seconds each,
    • 4 series of 5 shots in 10 seconds each.
    • There will be a 60 second loading period and 7 second attention period before each series.
    • There weill be a two (2) minute preparation time before each detail.
    • Details will last approximately 30 minutes each.
    Targets used will be ISSF Precision 25m (200mm aiming mark, 50mm 10 ring) on the Megalink electronic target system.

Ties (from 4th place) to be broken by countback, highest number of 10's, 9's, 8's etc. or the highest number of inner tens, in that order. Ties from 1st to 3rd place to be broken by shoot-off in one 10 second series with a 150 second sighter series.

Sunday 8th July
    Range Opens at 09:30
    • Detail A - 10:00 (course of fire as above)
    • Detail B - 10:45
    • Detail C - 11:30
    • Detail D - 12:15
    20 Shot Final for top seven shooters 13:00 (4 series of 10 seconds each) with a 150 second sighter series.
    (A final will only be held if there is a possibility of a change in the finishing order should such a final be held)

To book a detail, go to www.rathdrumrpc.org and choose 'Book Detail' from the menu on the left. Follow the steps to book date, firing point/detail. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm your booking. Only available firing points/details will be displayed.

NTSA membership is not a requirement for this competition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Missed this over being in Geneva :(

Results up on the Rathdrum website: Congrats to Alan Kelly of CDPC, PJ Harding of DRC and Joe Kinane of RRPC are in order for gold, silver and bronze respectively!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote:
    Missed this over being in Geneva :(

Results up on the Rathdrum website: Congrats to Alan Kelly of CDPC, PJ Harding of DRC and Joe Kinane of RRPC are in order for gold, silver and bronze respectively!

Missed you there Sparks. Seeing as we now have an IZH, I thought you'd be at the door first thing.:)

Alan has a new grip for his pistol and is blaming it for his good score :) .

Would have rrpc, but herself had gotten me a tour of CERN for my birthday, so I couldn't say no!
    And I'm not surprised about the grip - Alan's was a bit basic for a target pistol. The Rink grip and their ilk are a lot more comfortable, and it certainly seems to have made a difference!

Sparks wrote:
    Would have rrpc, but herself had gotten me a tour of CERN for my birthday, so I couldn't say no!
    And I'm not surprised about the grip - Alan's was a bit basic for a target pistol. The Rink grip and their ilk are a lot more comfortable, and it certainly seems to have made a difference!

Ah, the birthplace of the www! That must have been interesting. Did they tell you how to fix the NTSA website? :D

There's a new guy making grips in Hungary: Dennis Marschalko and he's a good deal cheaper than Rink or Nill. Qaulity seems pretty good although he just does match grips in Walnut.

www.marschalgrips.com

Have an IZH lefty on order from him.

rrpc wrote:
    Ah, the birthplace of the www! That must have been interesting.
    Yup, they have the original webserver on display there. And the whole LHC thing's interesting as well :D
    Did they tell you how to fix the NTSA website? :D
    :p
    Bear with me...
    There's a new guy making grips in Hungary: Dennis Marschalko and he's a good deal cheaper than Rink or Nill. Qaulity seems pretty good although he just does match grips in Walnut.
    www.marschalgrips.com
    Have an IZH lefty on order from him.
    Hmmm...
    izh35-1.jpg
    Interesting. Looks much cheaper than the equivalent from the states as well, which was costing more than the pistol was worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Guys.

Is my reading of the results correct , 5 competitors shot the match or is this just the top 5 scores, also the results on the next page show a total of 11 competitors for a open rifle match ,again same query.

John

les45 wrote:
    Guys.

Is my reading of the results correct , 5 competitors shot the match or is this just the top 5 scores, also the results on the next page show a total of 11 competitors for a open rifle match ,again same query.

John

You're quite correct John, only five turned up on the day. We had a couple of other entries who pulled out at the last minute.

It's early days yet for ISSF pistol. At present I figure there are about ten match pistols in the country. That's not including the Defence Forces who also have some Walther GSP's. There may be a few more, but they're the ones I've actually seen.

That's maybe a total of 15 pistols at a stretch!

As for the rifle meeting, that was a bit of a blip. Normally we would get between 15 and 20, but the Defence Forces lads were training for CISM and some others were away.

Many thanks Guys.

John

Sparks wrote:
    Hmmm...

Interesting. Looks much cheaper than the equivalent from the states as well, which was costing more than the pistol was worth.

The one I ordered has just arrived :) . Looks as good as the photos. I'll post a photo of it fitted when I get the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

are these pistol comps open to any body or is it only for members of the club in rathdrum???

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote:
    The one I ordered has just arrived :) . Looks as good as the photos. I'll post a photo of it fitted when I get the time.

And here they are. Not great quality just my backup camera, but you get the idea I hope!
    IZHLeft2.jpg

IZHLeft1.jpg

That's it. We need to get better fixing screws (preferrably hex head) as the originals are a little small.

are these pistol comps open to any body or is it only for members of the club in rathdrum???

Open to anybody with a half decent .22 pistol. So far Sig Mosquitos and Walther P22's don't cut it.

I'd say the CZ would be good enough, Alan Kelly won the last one with a Browning Buckmark and second place had a revolver!

Aiming mark is 200mm at 25m, 10 ring is 50mm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Grips look great, but how'd you make that shiny silver pistol look black?:D

fat-tony wrote:
    Grips look great, but how'd you make that shiny silver pistol look black?:D

I'm a talented individual with a flash :D

In relation to ISSF fulbore pistol what are the principal differances.!

les45 wrote:
    In relation to ISSF fulbore pistol what are the principal differances.!

ISSF fullbore is pretty much the same as smallbore, same target, same courses of fire, just using centrefire pistol instead. In the Olympics, the men shoot the same course of fire as the women except with centrefire pistols.

We haven't adopted this course of fire here yet, firstly because there are even fewer centrefire pistols in circulation, secondly because there are fewer ranges for the discipline and mainly because it's early days yet.

The normal calibre for centrefire is the .32, but you are allowed use from 7.62mm (.30) up to .38.

There are two stages, the precision stage is 6 x 5 shot series in 5 minutes each on the same target as the 25m standard pistol and 50m precision pistol. The second stage is 6 x 5 shot series on a 3 second show of the target for each shot. The target for this stage is the Rapid fire target: 500mm aiming mark, 100mm 10 ring.

Advertisement