Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neutered girly dog humping her bed???

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Why does my neutered girly dog hump her bed?
    1-2 year old West highland / Fox terrier X
    amusing to eg her on!!!
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Don't worry, she'll get over it. It's just the last echo of the disappearing hormones. Think of pre-menopausal women who start, eh, strange things before it's too late ... :D
    (It's not sexist, I am a woman!)

Seriously: the female dog of a friend did the same after being spayed, not only humping her bed but vitually everything cushy. And building 'nests' everywhere. After a few months she gave up or lost interest.

My female spayed dog however still humps other female dogs smaller than her and most male human legs, preferably those of my boyfriend. No harm done. It's still better than eating chocolates or getting fond of the bottle ....:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

i've seen this before and the vet said that a dog feels this is the right thing to do and enjoys it but when they get spayed they still have the memories for a while and feel they should keep doing it...

The vet said that we should stop it before it continues and said that we should use methods like -spraying her with water from a plant waterer/mister thingy or making a loud noise....

It worked but then again it could have just passed natuarally and we thought we were doing the write thing.... Turns out the vet was a bit crazy and we stopped going to him - possibly all worthless information in that case!

Advertisement