Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on how to handle this situation

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I've been renting a room since June in Wales and my friend moved into the house last week, we both dislike the house and the people in it so have decided to move out. We have found a lovely place near Cardiff and have put cash down to hold it. A lease agreement shall be signed on the 8th and we'd move out on the 14th.

I only intend on paying him for the first two weeks of the month and the issue of deposit doesnt come into it. There was no lease signed and rent has been paid in cash.We live with the landlords son who is eyes and ears for him.

The rent when there were 2 people here was 450 a month,now that there are 2 it is 900 a month.

When should i tell him we are moving out,my friend says do it at the last second so you avoid being thrown out before the other apartment becomes available. My thinking was do it when we sign the lease so as not to be complete assholes.

There are a few options really

1) tell him now
    2) tell him on the 8th
    3) tell him when we move out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What happens if you need a reference from you current landlord for the new place? Keep him sweet for the moment.
    ronano wrote:
    The rent when there were 2 people here was 450 a month,now that there are 2 it is 900 a month.
    Is this bit correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

No need for reference in the new place its all sorted. I was wrong i meant to say 4 people! is 900. The lease was signed today,i'm still undecided what i'll do

thanks for the replies tho!

Advertisement