Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject: Networking grinds / Firewall - Dublin

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Subject: Networking grinds / Firewall - Dublin

Hi All,

I am looking for some advanced grinds in Networking, firewalls and routers etc

I’m fairly flexible with regard to location and times, any evening or weekend really.

The type of stuff I’m looking to cover is: firewall config, switch config and Vlan setup. Some of the more advanced sub-netting, DNS, and routing. And I don’t need to learn this all in one week either.

Really what I’m after is a Cisco / Networking expert with whom I can informally ask questions, and have the full technical explanation, the grinds don’t have to be every week and I will tailor to suit you .

Also I will pay top dollar to the right person, hopefully this will suit some of the uber networking people here looking to earn some extra cash, at their own time and leisure.

If you’re interested in this please contact me by PM to arrange

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Do you have any specific setups you would like to cover. Do you work with Cisco Equipment, will you be testing out your new knowledge on a live environment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 panjandrum

I would like to use virtual software ideally to setup an advanced network , which would include a firewall , proxy , switch and client machines.

I would also like to work with Cisco equipment but this will not be tested on a live environment.

To be honest , I'm really looking to improve my existing knowledge , it's just that the higher end stuff like firewall config and the language used to config these devices.

If your not a firewall expert then I'm sure there is another area you may be able to help with. I'm looking to cover the following areas by next February.

Firewall,
    Switch vLan config
    Unix commands and networking
    Proxy config
    Finer areas of DNS (cname's MX records reverse lookup etc)
    Advanced Sub-netting

And let me just repeat that I'll pay good money and arrange to suit you, wether we meet in a pub and I ask questions over a few pints, online chats and virtual machine simulations.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I'd advise that you go ahead with it yourself.

It's really not as hard as it sounds and I'm sure lots of people here would be willing to answer any questions that you might have.

Advertisement