Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best deals for Eletes

• 08-10-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Thinking about getting an elete soon and im just wondering where is the best place to buy one. I saw in my local Xtravision they are selling it with Halo and GOW for 399 which isnt bad. Also, is there a price drop expected anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Elite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They only just released the bloody Elite, why would they price drop it immediately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Id say 399 was for the premium. I paid that about 5 weeks ago in gamestop for premium and bioshock and blue dragon. Smyths are now doing a similar deal with Gears of War and Blue Dragon for 360.

Argos are doing the elite on its own for 449.00 and Smyths are doing it for 459.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

bucks73 wrote:
    Smyths are now doing a similar deal with Gears of War and Blue Dragon for 360.

Do you know if they do trade-ins? I have a PS2 and 12 games, how much (rough estimate) would I get off if they do trade ins?

Also, general question. Are all games for the Xbox premium live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Dont know if Smyths do trade ins as I found that info on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Kev_85 wrote:
    Thinking about getting an elete soon and im just wondering where is the best place to buy one. I saw in my local Xtravision they are selling it with Halo and GOW for 399 which isnt bad. Also, is there a price drop expected anytime soon?

That is the premium bundle,its 499.99 for the same bundle if you want the Elite.Elite Console on its own is 459.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kev_85

Decided to stick with my ps3. The elite costs too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Kev_85 wrote:
    Decided to stick with my ps3. The elite costs too much.

laugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.giflaugh_explode.gif

Funniest quote in weeks!!!

(I hope that was intentional!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kev_85

Funniest quote in weeks!!!

(I hope that was intentional!)

No, it wasnt. It costs too much for what you get. eg. no hd-dvd drive built in, no wi-fi, pay for internet etc. All this adds to the price. Dont think its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Are Game still offering €210 trade in for an old 360?
    Also what deals will they be doing this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

BFassassin wrote: »
    Are Game still offering €210 trade in for an old 360?
    Also what deals will they be doing this weekend?

They were as of last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I think I'll wait for a Pes/PGR4 bundle. Hopefully someplace will have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I believe next week Xtra-Vision are doing a week long bundle offer. But the premium console for 359.99 and get PGR4 and Halo 3 free. One week only. Also if you buy an extra wireless controller for 44.99 you get Forza 2 free.

Advertisement