Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error when using credit card in chip and pin reader

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I use my credit card to pay for almost everything. Approximately once in every ten times I use my credit card in a shop card reader I get a card error. Sometimes this seems to resolve when the chip is wiped or if the card is put into the machine more forcibly (or this might be coincidence). This also happened with my previous card. Is this a problem with the cards themselves or with the card readers used in shops etc.? the problem seems to happen most with the readers that load the card in from the top. Or is this just the luck of the draw seeing I use my credit card so much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

It is a combination of the type of card and device used. I would request a new card if i was you

Advertisement