Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the Wispa's?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

any shops in town have them? i really want one but cant find them anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I just got one from the Texaco in Spiddal. I'm gonna eyeball it for a bit before eating it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

mmmm i wonder can u get them in musgraves? so i can stock up? (chocaholic) hear they are only a limted edition and that cadburys only gave in to the requests of the public!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i got 5 bars in the shop across from eddie rockets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I know where you can get loads of them but i can't tell you where!!

I was told to be quite about it:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JIZZLORD wrote:
    any shops in town have them? i really want one but cant find them anywhere.

The StatOil in Inverin has them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3413074682

This is one of the sites that started the whole thing I think. They have a list on their blog of places to get them. None in Galway so far, but I'm sure they're somewhere!! Loads in Cork of course, had to be the day after I came back to Galway for 2 weeks!! Oooh remember the caramel wispa??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Finally... after 2 years of me shouting it randomly on the street.. the time is here... <sigh> So.. this is what true happiness tastes like... <sob>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is the Wispa Gold coming out?
    They need a Wispa Peanut Butter.
    Or indeed a white-chocolate Wispa.

we can only hope...

Got me one today. Was nice. Kind of an anti-climax. It's just chocolate!! (Only Cadbury's bar I'd eat though) The caramel one was my favourite. Might consider buying more Wispas if it means they'll bring back the caramel one. Although I won't do what the dude in front of me did and buy 10!!

• Advertisement

what's wrong with cadburys choc?
    are you disputing the power of the moro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

In centra in Oranmore they were hiding the wispa behind anothe bar!! Wispa = teh sex of all chocolate! :D

JIZZLORD wrote:
    what's wrong with cadburys choc?
    are you disputing the power of the moro!

Well I wasn't.....but now that you mention it.... :D

Funnily enough, wispa and moro were my favourite as a child. (How do you pronounce moro anyway?? The ad pronounces it wrong imo. It upset me. They should send me free wispas.)

I love that people are getting so excited about the wispa. I mentioned it to someone yesterday and a total stranger walking past started going on about how great it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Funnily enough, wispa and moro were my favourite as a child. (How do you pronounce moro anyway?? The ad pronounces it wrong imo. It upset me. They should send me free wispas.)

The first syllable rhymes with 'moe' and the second syllable rhymes with 'roe'. If you've been pronouncing it like the 'morrow' part of 'tomorrow' then you're wrong, so very wrong.

cornbb wrote:
    The first syllable rhymes with 'moe' and the second syllable rhymes with 'roe'. If you've been pronouncing it like the 'morrow' part of 'tomorrow' then you're wrong, so very wrong.

That's what I'm saying!! Did anyone say 'morrow' before the ad was broadcast?? Stupid man on ad.

Next we'll be told that Wispa is pronounced 'Why-spaw'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

mmmm i wonder can u get them in musgraves? so i can stock up? (chocaholic) hear they are only a limted edition and that cadburys only gave in to the requests of the public!!

Limited Edition of 18 million apparently. No doubt they will sell out super quick and then they'll just bring them back anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Maybe its just a coincidence but ive seen them in every shop i've gone into. are they supposed to be really rare?

not supposed to be rare, though i've only seen a few places with them (left)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Tons of them in Dunnes Stores Westside they arrived today.

Steyr wrote:

Wahay!! I'll be down tomorrow for one!! (Just cos i know they're there, not cos I actually like them!!)
    Any chance of a delivery of 2ltr Dunnes Orange Juice??

Saw another guy today buying about 10 wispas in the shop across from Eddie Rockets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Yes i think our Juice order came in too, i cant be certain il know in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Steyr wrote: »

Also tonnes in Dunnes in Rahoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 annmarie124

i found out from my fianca after he heard it on the radio that wispa bars were coming back. we went in search of the mighty wispa and they have been snatched up sometimes as quickly as sold out in one shop after ten minutes! jesus i love wispa bars:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I saw someone buy about ten of them in O'Brien's Newsagents on Shop Street today. He put them all in an envelope for posting.

Maybe he was sending them to himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

pottered into my local spar tihs morning with hopes of getting a few to stock up with..but alas...the wispa section was empty:( gutted. stock room guy said they'd have no delivery till tuesday...so I'm on the hunt...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

There was a whole stand of them in Super Valu on Fr. Griffin Road yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Oranmore is officially out of Wispa's:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'm sure all you Wispa addicts have already voiced your support for bringing back the Wispa here.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Oranmore is officially out of Wispa's:(

Super Valu had them this afternoon, I've just munched one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

They got rid of Wispas? :[

Advertisement