Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get my Dreads maintained - anyone recommend anywhere...

• 08-10-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

that does it using real Bees Wax?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Still looking if anyone knows anywhere?!?!?!

Thanks folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

well i live in drogheda and there's a good place that do dreads and upkeep but its pretty pricey and the place is very pink! you could get a friend or something to do it. i do my boyfriend's whenever i get a chance too,with a crochet hook but he doesn't like the wax so i leave it without

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

laura-can wrote: »
    well i live in drogheda and there's a good place that do dreads and upkeep but its pretty pricey and the place is very pink! you could get a friend or something to do it. i do my boyfriend's whenever i get a chance too,with a crochet hook but he doesn't like the wax so i leave it without

If you're based in Dublin I'll pay you to do mine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 rosarosa

hi OP,

firstly, what kind of dreads have you got? By this, I mean, how were they started? did you have someone back-comb them, or were they naturally started( just left alone to grow into?) that's important for the person doing them. secondly, how thick is your hair? all these will decide how your dreads should be maintained. I have shoulder-length dreads and know a nice lady who does them for me in athlone. prior to this, i used to go to dublin to get my hair done.

the thing is, you usually only know good hair-dressers by word of mouth in immigrant circles (i'm foreign-born myself). as for bees-wax, dreads are always started with wax, although you can maintain them with a good bond. have you tried to do them yourself? it's not very hard, although you might need a steam for your hair every month or so. try any "afro-caribbean" shop in the town you live in. they should have "jabu-stone" hari products, or "organic" products. Both do a good dread-head range. in the long run, it might be cheaper than paying someone to do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 rosarosa

just saw that you're in dublin. if you want the No. of someone, PM me and I'll give you their details. she will do hair, but only by prior appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

moving to dublin in august/september so if you're still stuck il sort you out!:D just dont let them get into a right state!

Advertisement