Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help buying for my girlfriend

• 08-10-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

My girlfriends birthday is coming up at the end of this week and I'm getting desperate! Anyone got any good suggestions for something I can get her online for about €300? The last present I got didn't go down well so I need to get something impressive.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Whats she interested in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mobilemetal

She's not very sporty. More into shopping - clothes, shoes that kind of thing. I wouldn't mind getting some jewellery but I'm afraid of getting it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Do you mind me asking what you got last time that didn't go down so well?? If you wanted to get jewellery, you could always ask one of her friends for help getting something she'd like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Personally I wouldnt attempt to buy a woman closthes, if you want to do that route try taking her out for the day shopping, let her pick what she wants and get it for her. Instant brownie points.

Jewelry can also be a touchy topic if she only likes specific styles.

Definately agree with Necromomicon, if in your really stuck ask one of her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

If she likes shopping why not a day with a personal shopper? I'm not sure where you are based but I think both Debenhams and BTs offer this service (although I don't know how far your €300 would go in BTs!).

Book the personal shopper in advance and give them your budget and they will help her spend your hard earned cash!

• Advertisement

I like that idea alright. She dosen't need any more clothes!

Went on that <snip> site and saw some nice pyjamas so I'm going to try them and a necklace they recommended. I know jewellery is a risk but they said I can change it if she dosen't like it. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Might try the personal shopper one for Christmas - I think she'd love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

get her a weekend away for the 2 of ye! that way u get to enjoy it too. ha ha

Update - she loved the stuff from <snip>

It arrived in a really nice box so I didn't have to wrap and she loved the necklace. The pyjama's went down a treat - might try some sexier stuff next time.

Worth trying the site - I emailed them to find out when it would arrive and they were really helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I really must read threads more carefully! Thought this said 'Need help BUYING my girlfriend!' LOL Sorry glad she liked the gifts, but what about next year?!

DJ Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

shame we can't actually see where he bought the stuff :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement