Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gettin free Apple mac Pc

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

One of my teachers in school is gettin me a free 2nd hand apple pc.

It looks like a 14" television and has a handle on the top
    It uses a CRT monitor.
    600mhz processor
    3/4 gig ram
    40 gig hard drive
    Ati Rage 128 16Mb AGP grafx
    CD drive (using the vaccuum method like a nintendo wii)
    using Apple OS X

To be honest this is the first time i've ever used a Mac..
    I want to possible upgrade it or mod it a bit.
    Personnaly i was thinking of using an LCD monitor in it and hacking out the CRT to make it lighter. But since the Apple is powered through one plug... this would be awkward and would add a plug.
    I was also thinking of addin a bigger harddrive and removing the one installed.
    But does the Apple use a laptop harddrive or what?
    Is there any possible way of installing or even upgradin the graphics card?
    I was thinking even if i did manage to do it.. It would require an output (or is it an input?) and i think the graphics card installed are the extra low profile ones that are just like a chip.. Even so.. is this an AGP 2x mobo?
    Where can I get a Windows 2000 virtual PC? This a legal install as i have a broken computer that had 2000. (according to Windows this is legal as long as i'm not using it on the other computer)
    Really i'm only consirned on making it lighter, dual booting with windows and larger hard drive and wifi compatable!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Power PC not exactly natively windows compatible. And any a emulation would crawl so it's not worth it AT ALL.:rolleyes:
    Don't mean to shoot down all your ideas at once but:
    -It's curved meaning an lcd (at least one that isn't ****ed) won't fit.
    -There's no point in upgrading the GPU as the whole system is teh major suck and you can't game on Macs anyway. If you did decide to do this it would be simple to desolder the VGA output and connect it to the screen internally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Waste of time doin anything with it IMO

Advertisement