Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec TruePower Modular 850w Quattro

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know any websites selling this?

I can't find it on Komplett which i was hoping to seel it to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is this a good PSU?? Does it have modular cables?

not shure about the new one's but the old antecs were made by seasonic so they were quite good.

awhir wrote:
    not shure about the new one's but the old antecs were made by seasonic so they were quite good.

I have an Antec TruePower 550 for the past few years which worked fine on my old system! Think it maybe causing problems on the new one!

throw me ur specs and well see.but if your compaling about ur mobo taking 2 or 3 reboots to boot thats normal.

• Advertisement

awhir wrote:
    throw me ur specs and well see.but if your compaling about ur mobo taking 2 or 3 reboots to boot thats normal.

I am using a Abit IP35-E Motherboard.
    OCZ 4gb RAM
    Core 2 Quad Q6600
    8800GTS

The PSU is an Antec TruePower 550.

How can it rebooting by itself be normal? My old pc never did that! The cpu fan stops comepletely and then starts up again.

Also I have noticed that it loads directly into windows without asking for password. Yet it I restart it from the start menu it asks me for the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Go to bios-there is option"double boot"disable it , it should sort you out.
    ant talking about PSU , last month's PC BUILDER had a full review on it -quite , stable , efficient , cheep....:cool:

awhir wrote:

Thanks for that! I am a bit confused though as what to do! Do I just download those two zip files and run them or is there a procedure to follow when updating the bios?

py2006 wrote:

Also I have noticed that it loads directly into windows without asking for password. Yet it I restart it from the start menu it asks me for the password.

I figured out what that was! :o I was pressing the button that "puts computer on low power state" thinking that it was the shut down button! I am new to Vista! :p

• Advertisement

ricka05 wrote:
    Go to bios-there is option"double boot"disable it , it should sort you out.
    ant talking about PSU , last month's PC BUILDER had a full review on it -quite , stable , efficient , cheep....:cool:

I will try that!

I was thinking of getting a modular psu with more power! You should see the shocking mess of cables at the moment. Criss crossing each other and touching off stuff. One cable was constantly touching off one of the case fans making a really annoying noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

This the best PSU as said in an extremely reliable magazine CustomPC

And it has modular cables

toco123 wrote:
    And it has modular cables

I like the idea of a modular psu. I am thinking of getting one as my cables are all over the place.

What about a Thermaltake 750watt/850watt??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

why do you need such a powerfull psu. Are you running SLI 8800gtx with a Quad core and 20 hdds, water cooling, 4 optical drives etc etc.

850w is over kill.

Anti wrote:
    why do you need such a powerfull psu. Are you running SLI 8800gtx with a Quad core and 20 hdds, water cooling, 4 optical drives etc etc.

850w is over kill.

Well no! But I like the ease of mind of having quality stuff :o

I am hearing good things about the Corsair 620watt though but it costs as much as them thermaltakes! :confused:

Yeah i have that psu, and its awesome. Id much rather this psu then a TT one. Dont forget the higher W rating, the more it will cost in electrictity.

Anti wrote:
    Yeah i have that psu, and its awesome. Id much rather this psu then a TT one. Dont forget the higher W rating, the more it will cost in electrictity.

Yea I am hearing great things about that psu.

How are the modular cables? Are they handy to use? I am using an Antec P182 case which is a good case but the were the psu is in relation to everything is else is a bit awkward. I have cables all over the place, in knots and leaning against my graphics and sound card. I even had probs with the fan cables touching off the fans! :confused:

wire them around the back if. you look you will notice the p182 has cable managment.

The cables are all flat and thin, ideal for hiding them behind the mobo etc etc.

Probably not the best pic, but it gives you a fair idea.

h9yuzhjhxtg6i6zmzp1u.jpg

• Advertisement

Anti wrote:
    The cables are all flat and thin, ideal for hiding them behind the mobo etc etc.

Probably not the best pic, but it gives you a fair idea.

h9yuzhjhxtg6i6zmzp1u.jpg

Jaysus, you would beat the living crap out of me if you saw mine!! Its horrendous!

awhir wrote:
    wire them around the back if. you look you will notice the p182 has cable managment.

Oh yea, there are 3 black things for clipping wires together around the back!

py2006 wrote:
    Oh yea, there are 3 black things for clipping wires together around the back!

:rolleyes:

The case is much tidier then this currently. I just cant find any photos at the moment.

Anti wrote:
    The case is much tidier then this currently. I just cant find any photos at the moment.
    Cool, I can't even close my case the way it is at the moment!

I think I will wait till I get a new psu and then tidy things up before closing it.

is that a pic of the antec quattro?

I would like it to be as future proof as possible so I would need the 850w.

Any more websites!?

py2006 wrote:
    Cool, I can't even close my case the way it is at the moment!

I think I will wait till I get a new psu and then tidy things up before closing it.

how about spending 20minutes tiding the cables on the psu you have now.and you will have saved 150e ?

awhir wrote:
    how about spending 20minutes tiding the cables on the psu you have now.and you will have saved 150e ?

Well I am not considering the upgrade because of messy cables! Its because my current psu might not be stable enough for my new setup!

Advertisement