Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any ideas how long the queues are at the Motor Tax Office ?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Going to head to the motor tax office in Dublin 7 to sort out my tax tomorrow - I have all my paperwork ready- signed RF100A, new log book in my name, insurance cert etc etc but has anyone any idea how long the queues are at the tax office ? I usually do it online, but I've just changed cars...

Thanks very much,

qwert99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I was in Nutgrove last week, queues were under 30 mins there. Why not call them and ask? 01-222 8000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

My tax is up this month and the nice people in the tax office sent me a letter last week telling me the average wait in an office on 4th Oct was 2 hours.
    Why dont you apply online ? No waiting and its done in mins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cazzy wrote:
    Why dont you apply online ? No waiting and its done in mins ?
    Read first, then post.;) You can only do it online if it's a straightforward renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

middle of the month is the best time, c. 11 in the morn.

3 months working in one, a few summers ago.

I would also say that one of the regional ones (nutgrove, clondalkin, ballymun) is a better bet than the city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Anan1 wrote:
    Read first, then post.;) You can only do it online if it's a straightforward renewal.

But if you send in all the new documentation and change of address or owernship forms, you can just put in your credit card number for the required tax period you want on it. Next time, they will send it with the motortax.ie PIN code so you can do it online.

You don't need to queue unless you can't wait 3-4 days (that's how long it took for me to get the new registration book and tax disc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Pete4779 wrote:
    But if you send in all the new documentation and change of address or owernship forms, you can just put in your credit card number for the required tax period you want on it. Next time, they will send it with the motortax.ie PIN code so you can do it online.

You don't need to queue unless you can't wait 3-4 days (that's how long it took for me to get the new registration book and tax disc).

Thanks Pete

..... From motor tax online ... all you need to apply online is a credit/laser card, PIN number (supplied on RF100B for eligible vehicles or for first taxing of new and second hand imported vehicles, full details available on www.motortax.ie) and your motor tax insurance details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 qwert99

Thanks for all the feedback, I didn't get a chance to go in yesterday to the tax office so will post the documents in to them, then I'll do it online in the future once they have processed things.

Thanks again,

qwert99

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

The Motor Tax office is evil. I have proof.
    ticket.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

I've been to the one in Smithfield a few times. Always around 9 or 9.30. Never been waiting loneger than 15 minutes.

Everybody must be doing on line these days!

Advertisement