Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting my Taxback

• 08-10-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I rang two weeks ago to claim back tax, any idea when I will get it?

It's the only thing standing in the way of me leaving this job...

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Can someone please tell me if I can reclaim my tax without staying in this job. Keep in mind they pay you cash in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sorry dragging this thread up , but i thought it more appropriate rather then start a new one.

Guys i have a question about claiming tax back.

In 2006 i worked until June , now according to people that i have been talking to i should be due tax back as i would of been on tax rate for the whole year ? I don't really understand this(actually not at all) . The reason was that i left the country for two years .

So couple of question should i be due some tax back ?
    How do i claim it back with little or no stress at all.
    Also what do i need to supply?

Thanks in advance.
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 19 The Thinker

As far as I know, you can request a P21 balancing statement from revenue, this will automatically calculate how much you should have paid, versus what you actually paid. You can do this by registering online, or ringing revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

The tax system is actually relatively simple, so here's how you calculate what your tax liability is (worked example)
    Annual salary 32,000
    Tax @ 20% 6,400
    Single Persons Tax Credit 1830, PAYE Tax Credit 1830, total tax credits = 3660
    Tax due on salary of 32k p.a. (6400-3660) = 2740 for the year
    If your salary is above 44k per annum you need to look at Standard Rate Cut off Points (SRCOP)
    You change your tax credits according to your circumstances i.e. single/married/single parent
    Your PAYE tax credit remains the same if you are employed by someone (i.e. not self employed)
    Multiply your annual salary by 20% (under 44k)
    Subtract your tax credits
    and voila you have your tax figure for the year

The revenue website gives tax credits & SCROP's for the last few years if your talking about pre 2008
    It's not that difficult!

(then again it is what i do for a living PM me if you need to)

Advertisement