Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spot lamps

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

got a pair of spot lamps for my mk4 golf i must wire them to the dims on the light switch so when the car is off they wont have power.. does any one know what colour wire i should wire it to:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

it is the grey and black wire. make sure you dont confuse this with the white and black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Not a turbo model is it?

The air intakes are where you are gonna stick your "spots" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

MarkN wrote:
    Not a turbo model is it?

The air intakes are where you are gonna stick your "spots" ;)

no not a turbo:( i wish it:D was. ya there in the air in takes

pa daly wrote:
    it is the grey and black wire. make sure you dont confuse this with the white and black
    there is only a black and white and black and red i think. they both have power coming from them

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

should you not be wiring them from the parking lights, you may not want your dipped lights on the same time as the fogs.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    should you not be wiring them from the parking lights, you may not want your dipped lights on the same time as the fogs.
    ya true do you know what wire that is

er..no. I've done enough any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Vain wrote:
    got a pair of spot lamps for my mk4 golf i must wire them to the dims on the light switch so when the car is off they wont have power.. does any one know what colour wire i should wire it to:confused:
    I don't know how important it is to you, but what you're planning is illegal.

you need a seperate switch to the light switch btw.

Hella do a good relay kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

colm_mcm wrote:
    you need a seperate switch to the light switch btw.

Hella do a good relay kit.

Yep, otherwise you will eventually burn out contacts on your light switch due to the increased current load. Theres also a fire risk from overheated wires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Why do you want to fit fog lights anyway. You dont really need them .

Is it so you can look cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cool like a Micra?;)

no they look nice and r handy to have.. it has its own fuse and switch and all that.. just that when the car is on the power is still going to it so need to hook it to the dims power.. who said its illegal that cant be true

It's illegal if it comes on every time the dipped beam comes on. they have to be able to be turned off the the dipped beam is on.

Advertisement