Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lease obtained

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

i typed ipconfig/all into MS DOS prompt to check my settings and I got all the usual stuff but an "Lease obtained" and "Lease expires" are also listed. I have no idea what these are. I had to disconnect my router for a short period today and was wondering had this anything to do with it.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seeker wrote:
    i typed ipconfig/all into MS DOS prompt to check my settings and I got all the usual stuff but an "Lease obtained" and "Lease expires" are also listed. I have no idea what these are. I had to disconnect my router for a short period today and was wondering had this anything to do with it.

They're aspects of DHCP that govern how long an address will be kept before attempts to renew it are made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

The Lease Obtained is the time & date the network card on your computer was assigned an IP address via DHCP and the Lease Expires is when this address is relinquished and renewed via DHCP.

Cheers
    Rory

Advertisement