Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Touch Up damage

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

My missus' car (seat ibiza 06) was damaged (scratched) in drury st car park last week, by whoever parked beside her. The scratches are deep enough into the front bumper (same colour as the car).

From the seat site the colours seem to have changed since the new model.
    Her car is a very very light blue metallic. Anyone any idea what the name is?
    Any idea if a touch up pen would work on the bumper? Any idea where to get them and how much they cost approx.?

(loads of questions as usual ;) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

it's an '06 car so touch up pens will not be a goer really if you want it to look okay. I'd reserve these for old wreckers only. I'd suggest just getting a quote from a reputable painter- It will require money toput right but probably not as much as you'd think.

That or just live with it if it isn;t too bad.

(lesson learned her, btw- tell the missus to always park next to a pillar on the top floor, right down the very back cos carparks are havens for idiots).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

cantdecide wrote:
    it's an '06 car so touch up pens will not be a goer really if you want it to look okay. I'd reserve these for old wreckers only. I'd suggest just getting a quote from a reputable painter- It will require money toput right but probably not as much as you'd think.

That or just live with it if it isn;t too bad.

(lesson learned her, btw- tell the missus to always park next to a pillar on the top floor, right down the very back cos carparks are havens for idiots).

Possibly a silly question....would a painter be able to do it though as its a bumper?

I'd rather repair it now, I'd say we'll sell it soon and replace it with something bigger (she wants a lexus suv....oh dear god no :rolleyes: )
    I always tell her to park up top, but she's always there very early so gets a spot on the 1st floor....women eh, can't live with em, can't live with em (the oldies are the best :) )

lafors wrote:
    Possibly a silly question....would a painter be able to do it though as its a bumper?

I mean a car spray painter, lafors.

If you're trading it in soon, do nothing. With a fresh car like this, unless their very miserable, they wouldn't even mention it. If you want to sell privately, you're probably better off to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

cantdecide wrote:
    I mean a car spray painter, lafors.

If you're trading it in soon, do nothing. With a fresh car like this, unless their very miserable, they wouldn't even mention it. If you want to sell privately, you're probably better off to fix it.

lol, I know you meant a car spray painter :D
    Cool thanks!

Sorry, bud:p - the full answer is yes, painted bumpers use the same paint as metal- he'll just use plastic primer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I think it was called Polar or Glacier Blue {if it is that ice blue colour}. I think the paint code is in the boot on Seat's, under the carpet.

A PDR or SMART Repair outfit like Dial a dent, dents away, autosmartsystems .... one of those, should be able to sort it out without the need to paint a whole bumper, providing it is not too badly damaged.

Advertisement