Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what did you do in school today ?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

3 tests today which i wasnt expecting !

maths, geo and business.

still though .... 5th yr is easy! (hope ill be saying this next yr lol)

wrecked now...from the 2 mile run in PE last two classes AGGHHHH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

hmmm im in fith year too
    well:
    Period 0 (i have music before school, failed a test:D )

Period 1&2 Biology double,osmosis experiment/free class as she had a meeting

Period 3 English/Free class

Period 4&5 double,geography a sleepy and cold class spent not concentrating

Period 6 French,not too bad although i hate aural work

Period 7 Math free class got my exp from bio done and all that H/W

Period 8 Irish spent drawing on my desk TRYING to pay attention got a fair bit done somehow

Period 9 Religion, this LC subject is soooo not going to work

THEN school ended:)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Fifth year for me as well.
    Maths - Doing ordinary. Easy stuff.
    English - Got good results on a test that I thought I would fail.
    Technology - Had a test. Did some practical work.
    History - Free class.
    Irish - Relaxed.
    French - Did a good bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow, threads sure are going downhill. ; p

Monday is a weirdly easy day for me, double computers, PE, careers... only actual classes I have are French, English, Irish and Music. And in Music we're just listening to Seachanges (bizarro), Irish is a Thig Ná Tit Orm, French oral work, English... talking about Othello lecture in TCD tomorrow...
    Course I spent the day in a confused haze because I'm sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Again I'm in fifth year.

Physics - haven't a clue what's happening, I really need to study this.
    Biology - Had a 'mini test'.
    English - Macbeth...

BREAK

Religion - I'm not taking it as an exam subject - we just have it a coupla times a week anyways, great class though... so relaxing and a nice break from all the books.
    Geography - Plate tectonics and the likes.
    Irish - Fun class actually

LUNCH

Maths - same as ever - higher level
    Tech Graph - great class, again a nice break from all the books - drawing lines and working on computers :)
    Tech Graph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

5th year:

1:French, what a doss of a subject and teacher, sat there
    2:French, went into language lab, special computer room for languages seperate from the main one with internet and the teacher just let us on it
    3:Irish, same ****, differnt day
    4:English, the adventures of macbeth and lady macbeth giving suck
    5:Religion, doss, not an exam subject

then home cause i had a half day!!

Jello, you started using the computers yet?? we have laptops but havnt used them yet!! what they like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I fell asleep in Irish and the teacher knocked on my head to wake me up. I made an odd noise to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

6th year:
    -Double biology - got me a nice n' shiny A1
    -Religion - sleep!
    -English - just read through Othello while trying to stay awake (horrible teacher, gives out good notes, though)
    -Double physics - bit of a waste, just did an experiment on Joule's law, D3 test result :/ (ALL THREE F****** QUESTIONS WERE ON EXPERIMENTS!!)
    -Geography - sleep again (dropped it for music)
    -French - listened to iPod as I couldn't go to my locker to get something to study (dropped for Japanese)
    -Maths - just did some more work on De Moivre's stuff

Exciting, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

English - No teacher, work left
    Religion - Nothing much happened
    History - Essay business
    Maths - Can't remember
    Irish - Grammar
    Maths - Test on 1st Chapter. Somehow managed to F up despite usually being somewhere near top of the class.
    Chemistry - Moles, molarity etc.
    Physics - Test on Ch. 2-5, probably did well enough.
    Maths - Started on the whole radians business. Flying through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

6th year

Biology: Revision test on food (was hard enough), also doing Genetics which is very hard
    Study: study class nothing as usual
    Business: 2nd last chapter in the course, European Union, not too bad
    Maths: Finished the course since May (pass maths) revising very easy
    English: Revising Othello quiet a bore but fairly easy
    Geography (double): Elective 5 population dynamics, populations cycles in japan and china, very easy and fairly interesting
    German: Going over stuff dative etc

3 maths classes in one day davidus?

well today:
    1st&2nd: Double French, not too bad as i happend to actually have my homework done :D

3rd English: the bloody Wagon came back from wherever she went, so we watched the end of Cinema Paradiso all over again (but this time the directors cut, no not as exciting as it sounds)

4th Irish:not so bad but impending doom in the form of a test on thursday,
    on the completely plot lacking sceal ''An Bhean Og''

5th Math: co ordinate geometry of the the circle, im really struggling with this (:rolleyes: NOT is pass btw)

6th Biology: free period where i sat and did NOTHING almost did my religion homework but then didnt

7th Religion: Thomas Aquinas & some other person blah blah blah couldnt care less

8th Chemistry: Stoichemitry i thinks, riveting says Fad

• Advertisement

timmywex wrote:
    Jello, you started using the computers yet?? we have laptops but havnt used them yet!! what they like?

Yeah our new Dells were delivered last week, they're pretty nice!

The new programme's called 'Solid Works' which is pretty good, a lot different to CAD though.

Anyway, my day today:

Maths - more of the same.
    Tech Graph
    Biology - hell of a bore.

BREAK

Irish - double class, quite horrible.
    Irish
    English - more Macbeth.

LUNCH

Religion - a nice break, discussion class.
    Maths - again.
    Swimming - so enjoyable, highlight of the day :)

Pretty sh*t day actually, two Maths and two Irish classes. :( Swimming made up for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Swimming? Bizarre!

I spent my religion class today painting a board white. Now that's an education for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Swimming? We don't even get pe.

Yeah we have the option during one class a week to either study/do our homework, go to the gym or go swimming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

my day today rocked:

French: Easy
    Maths: Hardest clas of day, but not that hard
    English: easy, only had half a class before going to some meeting thing
    Irish: Free class
    Applied Maths: Went to gym to watch a basketball match, nout better to do
    Physics:at outside hall singing we shall not be moved....free class but spent lyin in the hall
    Tech drawing (double): Free

Swimming, madness you lucky thing, I had double games today but couldn't do it becuase my german teacher wanted to do german orals...

Oh and Fad you get religion homework??? that sucks, for the few people who actually opt to do it on our school just sit there and read hand outs which generally have nothing to do with religiona dn more to do with mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

11.00 came into school ... had a lie-in

double home ec ... had a free cos teacher was doing something, left handout but noone did them.

lunch

english ... comprehension/diary entries or something

double maths ... coordinate geometry of the line. only bout 3 of us are able for the pass maths ha ... finding equation of the line .... p*ss easy but ppl were having nightmares

Irish ... had a free, did a bit of maths then bet eachother with pens lol

jeez i did FA in school today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

1huge1 wrote:
    3 maths classes in one day davidus?

Yeah, it's why I like Tuesdays. None on Wednesday though. :(

Irish - More grammar.
    Physics - Free class: Hadn't started the next chapter and we'd finished the last one.
    Chemistry - Moles, molarity etc.
    History - Reading out homework and then some sort of pop quiz.
    Career Guidance - Application forms.
    Double French - Vocab, oral work, letter work.

Tomorrow I have Ent. Ed because I still haven't gotten around to dropping LCVP. That means I have to do the homework. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

We did logs today in Maths. Whats the big deal about them? Everybody thinks that its really difficult when I dont think it is. Obviously people have different apptitudes butI just cant see the big problem with them.

I find rationalising surds a bit more challenging than logs.:D

Today:

Geography - notes, notes and more notes.
    Geography
    Physics - quite fun actually.
    Maths
    Biology - Told we had to go to a butcher's and buy a heart for dissection :eek:
    English - again, more note-taking.

And we finish at 1:00 on Wednesdays. :)

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    Fad you get religion homework??? .

Yus unfortunately but the class is a joke which isnt too bad, and i dont do the homework either, just feel slightly bad about not doing it because i quite like the teacher, and his job is hardly easy

Today we had a half, half day due to a staff meeting (coupled with the half day i get every wensday)

Oh yah I forgot to mention this:

Yesterday the fire alarm went off twice. The first time it went off was at the 1.00 o clock break but our new principal told everybody to stay inside. He was practically waiting by the door for it to happen as everybody is having a huge rebellion/revolution against him.

Then at 2.20 when I was talking to my friend, we heard a huge bump only to turn around and see that the 6th years had blocked the 6th year room door with lockers. And yes, once again the fire alarm went off and we actaully got outside this time.

So to make a long story short, some 21 6th years escaped out through the window in the room and tied their ties around there forehead shouting " here we go, here we go, here we go " only to get caught by our vice principal. Result: 21 6th years suspended from school until their parents meet with the new prinicipal.

I really wouldnt blame the new 6th years for this kinda carry on. The new principal is a practical nonce. Let me give an example:

After just 2 days in charge and out of the blue, he told me that Im not supposed to be wearing a school fleece ( which is a an official part of the uniform for the past 5 years) unless the temprature in the school goes beyond -0 which is highly idiotical. Fair enough, he banned hoodies in the school as they were only made part of the uniform last year but does everybody think that he is a bit abrupt to make decisions so quickly? I think so and I dont like his attitude. He is also trying to get skirts for girls that go down to their ankles and is banning any girl wearing trousers going to school.

He told people that if they dont like his ideas they can **** off to another school. He is not giving us any inch of respect so Im not giving any bit of respect whatsoever.

Wow JSK 252 quiet a day I take it, Our school has got out of hand this year with ridiclous rules this year aswell, some really retarded ones like, But the way I see it my last year so I couldn't really care less as the rules aren;t really enforced on us 6th year thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Oh yah I forgot to mention this:

Yesterday the fire alarm went off twice. The first time it went off was at the 1.00 o clock break but our new principal told everybody to stay inside. He was practically waiting by the door for it to happen as everybody is having a huge rebellion/revolution against him.

Then at 2.20 when I was talking to my friend, we heard a huge bump only to turn around and see that the 6th years had blocked the 6th year room door with lockers. And yes, once again the fire alarm went off and we actaully got outside this time.

So to make a long story short, some 21 6th years escaped out through the window in the room and tied their ties around there forehead shouting " here we go, here we go, here we go " only to get caught by our vice principal. Result: 21 6th years suspended from school until their parents meet with the new prinicipal.

I really wouldnt blame the new 6th years for this kinda carry on. The new principal is a practical nonce. Let me give an example:

After just 2 days in charge and out of the blue, he told me that Im not supposed to be wearing a school fleece ( which is a an official part of the uniform for the past 5 years) unless the temprature in the school goes beyond -0 which is highly idiotical. Fair enough, he banned hoodies in the school as they were only made part of the uniform last year but does everybody think that he is a bit abrupt to make decisions so quickly? I think so and I dont like his attitude. He is also trying to get skirts for girls that go down to their ankles and is banning any girl wearing trousers going to school.

He told people that if they dont like his ideas they can **** off to another school. He is not giving us any inch of respect so Im not giving any bit of respect whatsoever.

then maybe you should fuck off to another school?

ryanairzer wrote: »

what a relevant point!

NOT:rolleyes:

ryanairzer wrote: »

Why should I have to fuck off to another school because some idiotic nonce in the spur of a moment decided to change the school uniform rules. The new guy is only in 2 minutes and decides to wreck the whole well being of the school which was successfully created and maintained by our last principal. Such power trips only cause chaos and tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well let's see! Today I...

Woke up at half 8 and was late to school (d'oh!)
    Worked on a German debate in German class
    Skipped PE to do more work on the debate
    Had Maths class! Took down the corections of trig identities (<3) and tried not to fall asleep during coordinate geometry
    Well earned break! Went up to our English teacher's class room with the vice class-captain to try and persuade him to take back our english class after he told us he was going to request to be moved because we were so badly behaved.
    Chemistry! Corrected homework all class.
    French- we had a free so studied chemistry
    Lunchtime! I hadn't eaten all day so I went down to the shop and got a very nice pasta salad and chocolate lollipop.
    Double Religion: spent the two classes fantasising about bed and how much i wanted to sleep.
    Irish: we corrected various assignments we were being given back
    English: was tense because everyone was walking on eggshells to be on the good side of the English teacher but we had a really productive class!

Advertisement