Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2GB memory card

• 08-10-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for people, in HMV on Grafton Street (just in at the counter) they're selling 2GB memory card for €30 (and in 3G and Meteor a 2GB is €120).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What type is? SD,XD,mmc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

i've also hear they sell phones for like 50 euro! just kidding ;) yeah what type, it sort off matters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

buy them from mx2.co.uk instead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Jeez, €120 is some rip off. I got one for free from O2 with my upgrade Nokia 6300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's compatible with MircoSD, MiniSD and SD Devices. And its made by Integral basically the same stuff that's on www.mx2.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

work in a phone shop... can just say... they are all diff sizes... one dosepnt fit all... thats just bulll

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As far as I know the micro and mini sd's are varients of the sd cards. you can get an adapter for them to fit into an sd card slot. I know one of them definitely does, I'm not sure about the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As far as I know the micro and mini sd's are varients of the sd cards. you can get an adapter for them to fit into an sd card slot. I know one of them definitely does, I'm not sure about the other.

The one you buy in HMV has the mirco version and then two adapters. So they fit any phone.

The one you buy in HMV has the mirco version and then two adapters. So they fit any phone.

That's weird I edited my post after doing a quick google but it musn't have saved. The micro sd and mini sd's are varients of the sd cards. The mini is slightlt smaller than the sd and you can get an adapter so that it will fit ina n sd slot. The micro is even smaller than the mini and you can get an adapter for it so that it fits in to either the mini or a standard sd slot. So muboop if it is a micro with the adapters like Gavin says then it will work fine in any of the three slots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Buy it on www.7dayshop.com for a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

muboop1 wrote:
    work in a phone shop... can just say... they are all diff sizes... one dosepnt fit all... thats just bulll

That's not bull.

As AC said, an adaptor will allow a microSD card to work in a miniSD slot and a different adapter will allow it to work in a standard SD slot.

I just bought one yesterday, from shop4memory.com and it comes with these adapters. :)

Advertisement