Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing online journals at home

Options
  • 08-10-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭

Okay I know from home you can still access UCD's online journal database but it has very little of what I need.

Is there anyway to use UCD's subscription to pubmed.com (as an example) to gain full access to the journals there? All I can get at home is the abstracts which aren't much use to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yep

Go into your ucd connect account, then go to "my library", then click on "databases".

You'll need to know the publisher of the journal btw, so when you know this, click on the little globe beside the publisher's name, and that'll install a cookie for all of its journals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Brilliant! Thanks very much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think almost all journals that we've a sub to are now done that way. There are a few that you have to type in the UCD name and password - details are on connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

However, even with a UCD subscription to most of the journals certain years are not available online, particularly when they are stored as backfiles by the database. In that case you will still have to look for a printed version and if that is not available you will need to order the articles via inter-library loan.

Advertisement