Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial hair removal

• 08-10-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to remove facial hair? Iv got fair skin and most of the hair isn't even noticeable as its like a baby. Im not bothered about those hairs. But i do get a few dark hairs. I dont know if anyone has noticed them on me but i have. Im like a man and im getting terrible nightmares of waking up with a beard on my face.
    I shave them and i have used hair removing cream but i seem to be doing it every second day.
    I have heard of hair inhibitor sprays which you can get of the internet. Are they any good?
    What about laser hair removal? Is that any good? Or electroysis?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I would suggest you speak with a beautician before doing anything.
    Probably Electrolysis is your best option. Wouldn't be too keen on products claiming to destroy hair follicles for good and for sale at just 20euor or something.
    You don't say precisely where on your face the dark hair is growing or how long each hair is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

you should get threading done! its less painful than waxing and doesnt leave your skin irritated. the redness goes away in under an hour. electrolisys is painful and is not permanent, once you start it you have to keep goin back for the painful procedure all the time.
    I get my eyebrows threaded at Naturelle salon on lower Dorset st.
    Check out their website: www.naturellesalon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

oh NO!! you've already shaved it?.... ah! Did you try Facial Hair lightening cream? can get it in Boots. Shaving it just means you're gonna have to keep doing it where as you could have saved yourself, Time, money and Possible PAranoia by just lightening it. Well....i think personally anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

If I were you I would leave the fair ones alone and just get rid of the dark ones.
    If there are only a few you could tweeze them out. If there are more then you can get facial waxing strips in any chemist or boots and they are really easy to use and not that painful.
    Having said that I've been waxing my lip for about 12 years now so am probably immune to the pain!
    I really don't think there's any need to go to a beautician, just keep on top of it yourself.
    I know it's too late to say it now but shaving is the very worst thing you can do. I did it once or twice myself when I was around 15 and I reckon that's why I have the problem now.
    My worst nightmare is that I end up in hospital for some reason and can't wax/tweeze the hairs and I end up with a full on moustache!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

There is a product called hair off, its a cream for your face. You can get it in chemists check out www.HairOff.com They have a wide range or hair removing products :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SlummyMummy

I have same problem with just a few dark hairs and have found the facial waxing strips the best solution. Get branded ones though (I use VEET) as I the Boots ones were not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Thanx for the replys. Iv got the hairs mostly on my chin. About 10 dark hairs that do get quite long (if i let them to). Its not in the 1 area on my chin but its spread out all over.
    I have just tried hair off about 2 weeks ago cause i read that creams are better than shaving. It was a magazine doctor that was saying that over time the hair will become less noticeable. If this is true, i dont mind using creams. Has anyone else heard this?

Advertisement