Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with azureus!!

Options
  • 08-10-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

i am trying to use azureus to download. it used to workgreat, i had a green light and was getting download speed of 100 kb/s. then one day it said i was firewalled and i got a yellow light. this is now happening all the time. i get a message at the bottom of my screen saying tUPnP error message saying mapping incoming peer data port _____ failed. can anyone help me to get green. my router is eircom netopia.

ps. i have firewall set on low and windows firewall has an exeption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Disable your firewalls and see if it makes a difference.

Also look into port forwarding.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You'll need to setup portforwarding on your router, http://portforward.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

my firwall settings are fine. i put it on low and turned off windows firewall

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

emmet14 wrote:
    my firwall settings are fine. i put it on low and turned off windows firewall

Have you setup port forwarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

emmet14 wrote:
    i am trying to use azureus to download. it used to workgreat, i had a green light and was getting download speed of 100 kb/s. then one day it said i was firewalled and i got a yellow light. this is now happening all the time. i get a message at the bottom of my screen saying tUPnP error message saying mapping incoming peer data port _____ failed. can anyone help me to get green. my router is eircom netopia.

ps. i have firewall set on low and windows firewall has an exeption

I am having a very similar problem using uTorrent, everything was fine (port forwarded, firewall sorted, etc.) for a few months, just recently it's fallen on it's arse, messages saying port is not forwarded correctly....it is forwarded on the router though!

You wouldn't happen to be on UTV internet would you Emmet?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Silfar

Same issue, see this thread of mine:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055186984&highlight=azureus

Any of you guys using eircom and Netopia dsl routers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

Sconsey wrote: »
    I am having a very similar problem using uTorrent, everything was fine (port forwarded, firewall sorted, etc.) for a few months, just recently it's fallen on it's arse, messages saying port is not forwarded correctly....it is forwarded on the router though!

You wouldn't happen to be on UTV internet would you Emmet?

Cheers

this is a late reply but.....no i dont have utv internet. iam with imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

mate, you should switch to utorrent. I used azeurus for years and recently started using utorrent.

It takes up less system resources + azeurus has built in some media player and advertising it the new version.

Advertisement