Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from Eircom 3Meg to NTL 6 Meg???

Options
  • 08-10-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Im in Leixlip near Lucan but not on Smart system....Im getting some problems with Eircom BB getting me disconnected from gaming servers ... would a move to NTLs 6 meg service via tv/cable be a good/bad idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'd say good. I'm on NTL 6Meg and it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Thanks for the reply Paul...any other opinions?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried to do any diagnosis to see what your problems might be? What are you speeds like generally?

There have certainly been a lot of posts on here in the past about the poor quality of NTL in Lucan but their absence in recent times would suggest that maybe the problems have been solved. (Or that the posters have been cut off!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Oh Jeez!Now Im sorry I picked you up on that reply to the guy using text speak !Anyway thanks for the reply either way Dub45.My download/'speedtest' speeds are fine averaging around 300(Mega whatevers!?)Ping is generally ok too averaging 40-50 ish.The problem seems to be an intermittent but (hopefully) usually rare glitch when games krap out and I usually get kicked from the server.This might happen from 2 to 10 times a week and is very frustrating if in the middle of a long game.

Advertisement