Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza 05 Problems

Options
  • 08-10-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok guys just having a few niggly issues with my Seat Ibiza. The Power Assisted Steering light has flashed a couple of times in the past few weeks, and the steering seems sluggish, and in general seems weird.

Also when I brake , my brakes squeal really bad, and whilst driving it sounds like the wheels are squealing in a way, I cant identify.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Sometimes brake pads have a little metal tab that scrapes the disc as a warning the pads are nearly gone. Or they are already gone and the backing plate is scraping the disc . Get it checked out anyway.
    The power steering doesn't seem happy if light is on and steering is gone weird , get it checked before something bad happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think the power steering is electric on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Luckily she is on a 6 month warranty so I have it booked in for tomorrow.

I had this happen on an 03 Ibiza 1.2 - the steering felt jittery as it turned. kinda clicky. Never got it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thats exactly the problem I am experiencing Colm.

• Advertisement

I know someone who had to fix the same problem on a Renault Megane. cost huge money. Lets hope you got a proper warranty.

Advertisement