Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen, can I see CCTV footage?

Options
  • 08-10-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Just as the title says! Got off the train this evening to discover my bike missing and the lock still on the rail. However the bike rack is in front of a CCTV camera and was well lit. Am I entitled to see the CCTV footage that Irish Rail would have. I'm fairly sure it was stolen after the evening rush hour (I got off the train at 9).

Also have informed Guards and am expecting SFA from them (they said they would check footage tomorrow but don'thold out much hope). At least if I can get an image of the scumbag who stole my bike I can show that to the Guards and let them explain why they are doing nothing.

Rant over thanks for reading.
    Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Have you tried asking Irish Rail can you review the recording (that is, if the CCTV was actualy recording and if the tape/etc has not been recorded over by now)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

monument wrote:
    Have you tried asking Irish Rail can you review the recording (that is, if the CCTV was actualy recording and if the tape/etc has not been recorded over by now)?

Well the station was closed when I got off the train. Will ask in the morning when I'm heading into college though. Should I try to get hold of the station master?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Oh yes. Irish Rail isn't known for being an organisation that rewards initiative. You can be sure whoever you ask will use the shrug of their shoulders to direct you to the office of the most senior person in the building. So unless there's a station president or a station arch-duke, I'd say your best bet would be to head straight for the station master.
    pithater1 wrote:
    Well the station was closed when I got off the train. Will ask in the morning when I'm heading into college though. Should I try to get hold of the station master?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Don't it will only torment you.

Advertisement