Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me find a subwoofer

Options
  • 08-10-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Looking to fit a sub in the boot. My current system is all Pioneer - 4x50watt head unit with 3 way 6x8s in all four doors. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of space to spare, so was thinking of something like the following:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/130/201/TS-WX22A/index.html

Anyone have experience with this type of sub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I've not used that particular model but other pioneer "small space" subs,the above one may well fit under one of your front seats but im cautious of this as the heatsinks sometimes arent great and the amplifier can end up running into protection mode if used for extended periods.

As for sound quality i wouldnt expect to be blown away or rattle windows but it will compliment your system nicely as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

eireal wrote:
    I've not used that particular model but other pioneer "small space" subs,the above one may well fit under one of your front seats but im cautious of this as the heatsinks sometimes aren't great and the amplifier can end up running into protection mode if used for extended periods.

As for sound quality i wouldn't expect to be blown away or rattle windows but it will compliment your system nicely as it is

Thanks for the response - I was planning on having it in the boot, would you expect it to be effective from there? You are right - I want a good quality system rather than an earth shattering one.

Advertisement