Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Washing machine repairmen in the house??

Options
  • 08-10-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

hi all

was watchin tv last nite and the washin machine went nuts, bouncing all over the place. Went out and switched it off. I noticed the drum was bouncing all over the place. i took off the top cover and as you can see from the image, the point where the drum attaches to the backplate has broken. I'm assuming the bolt broke, although i can find anything around or inside the machine.

i got another bolt out of the shed and bolted it back, but it ain't as smooth as it used to be. I think there might have been a spacer between the two pieces or something, cause when i bolt it back it doesn't seem to be sitting right.

anyone have any ideas on this, i've never seen the inside of one of these things before.

Its a whirlpool, about 4 years old.

Thanks

dsc00130hm5.th.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm no washing machine expert. Though, I wouldn't expect the drum to be bolted to the body, except when in transit. Are you sure you're not after replacing what was a transit bolt? It would explain why you can't find the remains of the old bolt

Drums are usually suspended by springs at the top, and shocks at the bottom. When my mothers old Hotpoint started going mental, it was because one of the lower shocks failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

yes byte...you're 100% right..forgot about the transit bolt..:o ...bolt gingerly removed....must learn to think first..:rolleyes:

i took off the backplate and one of the lower shocks has failed alright....

thanks

Advertisement