Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Batterey

Options
  • 08-10-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just got new car last Saturday. Then Sunday Morning she wouldnt start but after about 5 mins was ok, then today Monday afternoon, same probleam but ok after 1 minute, then went leave work tonight at 7PM and wouldnt start at all, had to get friend to jump start me. Am gona assume its probleam with batterey, anybody know what would defo be wrong with it. Am plan on bring back to garage tomorrow, but expecting them to give me crap answers like did you leave the lights on?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Would want a bit more info to be sure, but if it started on the button with a jumpstart then it looks like it could be the battery.

I presume the car is 'new to you' rather than new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Yeah sorry its new to me. Year 1998. At first I thought maybe cause car hasnt been driven lately thats why its takes a while to start up.But because it didnt start at all tonight maybe more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it could be the alternator if the battery isn't holding it's charge. if it is get it refurbished rather than buying a new one.. approx 100 to refurb 600 for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Check battery connections also - had this on a car and it was a loose terminal connection.

Does it sound like it's trying to start or completely dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Yeah sounds trying to start. Am bring back garage Saturday as have a warranty on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

brigadear wrote:
    takes a while to start up.
    Would I be right in assuming that the engine is turning over while you have the key turned to 'start'? If that's the case then it's unlikely to be the battery.

Advertisement