Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons Game Demo on Live

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

The Simpsons Game demo is now available on Xbox live for download.

Looks very good IMO. The demo is hard enough too. Graphics are decent.

Actually looks like an episode of the Simpsons rather than the 3D style of The Simpsons: Hit and Run

Anyone played the demo yet......impressions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Yeah played it yeaterday. Looks great and plays pretty well too. Not sure if I'd fork out €60 on it but it's one of those I might get pre-owned down the line.

The vid at the end did some off some pretty cool looking levels, it definitely has potential. A must have for big Simpsons fans I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Thought it was all right. The kinda thing you'd play through once just for all the gags as its pretty standard platform action/adventure. Just because comic-book guy pops up to point out the cliches doesn't make it any better that they're there!
    So I wouldn't buy it, but if someone forced me to play through it I wouldn't kill them for it, just give them a light chinese burn. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played this and was surprised to find it was rather enjoyable. It really does look great (it's a cliché at this point, but it pretty much looks exactly like the TV series) and it was quite amusing on occasion ("Know who I like? Those kids from High School Musical"). Plus, liked the whole idea of finding video game clichés throughout (with a snide comment from Comic Book Guy sweetening the deal). The platforming was a bit awkward on occasion, but overall seemed pretty solid.

Hopefully it will finally do some justice to the Simpsons name..

Advertisement