Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quakewars Night ?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

How about arranging a night for all the paddies to meet up on a server. I'm sure a tig vs pop with assorted extras to make up the numbers could be a laugh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yep sounds like a laugh. You sort out the teams, Smartgaming have a server we can lock and use. Rules are the bain of everyones life at the moment re clan matches in etqw. Suggest we play all in except air. Fun maps might be Island and say Volcano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Island and Volcano sound good. Now how to deal with everyone wanting to go Strogg :o)

If you're interested stick your name down, we'll keep clans together and use unclanned to balance the teams. May as well use the TiG and PoP TS server as well.

As for the day any day other this thursday suits me. If ppl don't fancy a weekend then how about tuesday ?

Hows about a weekly fixture till it dies out.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

^that sounds good..a weekly fixture will be good laugh and itll last for more than one day :)

im in for this by tha way :D

just gotta get me a new mouse now.. :(

IgsTer wrote:
    ^that sounds good..a weekly fixture will be good laugh and itll last for more than one day :)

im in for this by tha way :D

just gotta get me a new mouse now.. :(

And a mic ;)

• Advertisement

lol..ye thanks for reminding me fairy :P

my headset i got should be ok once i get the settings right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah sounds good Id love to play against fellow boardies.

Perhaps we could create a sticky with Irish Server Names and IPs (Or servers that Irish use) clan or not I dont mind.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ooh sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

karma checkin in, up for this and we wouldnt need to worry about who wants to be strogg rev as the sides swap at the end of each round. had a look at some of the various rules for the game, i have to say they arent that bad, some changes are definately needed for competitive play. The radar is surprising but i understand why they want a no radar rule due to nade spam etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Sounds good to me. Count me in ([TiG]Molc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

aye put me down there ;)

Hows about Sunday nights for this?

Sunday works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brendymu

count me in :)

yeah sunday sounds cool :D

Right Sunday Night it is. How about we say a start time of around 8:30 ?

If you're putting your name down say which clan you're in if any so we can try and have matched up teams ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Put me down. I'm [TiG]the_syco

As for rules, these seemed to be annoying as f**k, but they (sort of) make sense:
    Map Rules
    • Teams may only use vehicles from their current spawn and/or capturable forward spawns.
    • The defending team may use vehicles from the previous spawn (meaning they don't have to abandon their current vehicle when they loose a spawn point) if it does not conflict with the vehicle restriction ruleset
    • Teams may only use 1 heavy vehicle at a time.
    • Teams may only use 1 medium vehicle at a time.
    • Teams may only use 1 sniper, however there is no limit on the Covert Ops/Infiltrator class.
    • There may only be 1 Field Ops/Opressor deployable, however there is no limit on the Field Ops/Opressor class.
    • Flying vehicles are not allowed. (Not including the Icarus)
    Heavy vehicles include: Cyclops, Desecrator and Titan.
    Medium vehicles include: Hog and APC.
    Valley Specific Rules
    • The shielded rear strogg base is off limits. You may not take vehicles from this base nor place deployables inside this area.
    • The MCP may not be driven left after the bridge, before the tunnel along the mountainside to prevent falling in the water with the serversettings provided in the previous rule, however it can be driven left by the end of the tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

the_syco wrote:
    Put me down. I'm [TiG]the_syco

As for rules, these seemed to be annoying as f**k, but they (sort of) make sense:

[/LIST]

Serious the game is out a week and theres rules? LOL

jesus clans are un ****ing real.

Will play but will need to study rules more.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Should be around myself.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Serious the game is out a week and theres rules? LOL

jesus clans are un ****ing real.

Will play but will need to study rules more.

kdjac
    They were rules for a cup of the demo map... a week before the game came out:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

Ranger shall be there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

rules have been out since the closed beta tbh. In fact I think there are 6 or 7 rule sets out there for all the various online leagues cups etc, It would be nice if they made one universal set but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'll play, the rules suck tho, theres no need for them for this sort of thing though. You can't do this, you can't do that, blah blah blah blah, you can't camp, you can't shot me cause i ham teh win etc etc

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I have to agree with Nog on that. Enforcing & monitoring would be a pain. Many are a recipe for arguments and confusion.

The rules are more for 6 v 6 games, hopefully we will be able to get a lot more than that, at least 8 v 8 or more.

I'm with Nog and Max on this.
    It should be a anything goes. If people want infantry based play that's what counterstrike is for. Anyway this is an informal thing no need for such thing as competition rules.

I'm with Nog and Max on this.
    It should be a anything goes. If people want infantry based play that's what counterstrike is for. Anyway this is an informal thing no need for such thing as competition rules.
    Excellent. But no doubt you'll be thinking differently when I hit you with a hammer from half way across the map:D:cool:

Not if I snipe you first!

• Advertisement

What maps do we want? Volcano would be a definate and maybe Ark? What do you think?

Advertisement